rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But, to be clear, they sometimes DO break.

One of my friends bought a used unit, but that was new in 2019 and barely used.

Apparently, it would hold a negative at the time of purchase. But, when she brought it to me (not TOO long after buying it) to do the first actual build on it and verify that it actually worked in the water, it would not hold a negative.

It took a new cover to fix it. We never did figure out where it was leaking or how it got broken. It definitely LOOKED fine.

I am not suggesting that Rhino liner would have made any difference. Only saying that they can/do break sometimes.

^A mate of mine his rEvo had issues out of box with water ingress, found that the cover was slightly warped, a new cover fixed the issue.

Never been too concerned about getting dings and scratches in my cover, I think the rEvo fairs much better than other back mounted units in that regard. Only around $200 for a new cover to make your rEvo look new again.

But, to be clear, they sometimes DO break.

One of my friends bought a used unit, but that was new in 2019 and barely used.

Apparently, it would hold a negative at the time of purchase. But, when she brought it to me (not TOO long after buying it) to do the first actual build on it and verify that it actually worked in the water, it would not hold a negative.

It took a new cover to fix it. We never did figure out where it was leaking or how it got broken. It definitely LOOKED fine.

I am not suggesting that Rhino liner would have made any difference. Only saying that they can/do break sometimes.
in the pursuit of discovering a leak did she do a positive test and use sprayed soapy water?

in the pursuit of discovering a leak did she do a positive test and use sprayed soapy water?

I think so. But, that is a tough problem to diagnose. A normal, working lid can let bubbles out around it when you blow into the loop hard enough to overpressurize it.

She ended up diagnosing it by, at the suggestion of another rEvo-diving friend of ours, swapping lids with her boyfriend's rEvo. Then, hers was fine and his wouldn't hold a positive or negative. So, new lid and done, moving on.

revo lids are multiple pieces glued together. There have been several that "delaminated" due to abuse and/or age. Possible faulty assembly in the factory could bee blamed on a couple of the new units too.

Is there a wing type that seems to work better for the revo's?

Hi guys, first time/long time here. I’ve done a bunch of the mods other people on this thread have done (Hogarthian harness, diverite wing, monstruo nerd cap) but the single best mod I’ve done so far is replacing the dsv with the divesoft rEvo version and using their nerd mounting bracket. I find the lever works easier (it has little thumb ledges to help you get a grip) it holds a negative/positive better (my factory one leaked even after replacing the o rings) and the nerd bracket is fixed and doesn’t move around on you which was a massive annoyance with the c-clamp thingy it came with.

On my micro I also went down to the smaller CE counter lung volume and I like it a lot more too. Easier to get optimal lung volume (gives you feedback earlier) with less wasted gas.

Hi guys, first time/long time here. I’ve done a bunch of the mods other people on this thread have done (Hogarthian harness, diverite wing, monstruo nerd cap) but the single best mod I’ve done so far is replacing the dsv with the divesoft rEvo version and using their nerd mounting bracket. I find the lever works easier (it has little thumb ledges to help you get a grip) it holds a negative/positive better (my factory one leaked even after replacing the o rings) and the nerd bracket is fixed and doesn’t move around on you which was a massive annoyance with the c-clamp thingy it came with.

On my micro I also went down to the smaller CE counter lung volume and I like it a lot more too. Easier to get optimal lung volume (gives you feedback earlier) with less wasted gas.
Hey, why did you go with Divesoft and not other alternatives, like Golem? Also, what NERD bracket did you have before the switch?

revo lids are multiple pieces glued together. There have been several that "delaminated" due to abuse and/or age. Possible faulty assembly in the factory could bee blamed on a couple of the new units too.
Interesting that you mention that.

There are a few folks in the are that are contemplating spraying lids with Line-X. Called the shop and the shop warned that to get Line-X on, they had to heat the cover up to 200F. We decided to hold off for now.

Has anyone had the cover warped or damaged due to excessive heat application, like Line-X spray?

Hey, why did you go with Divesoft and not other alternatives, like Golem? Also, what NERD bracket did you have before the switch?
Mainly because of the the nerd bracket design and the modularity. If I decide to go for a bov at some point the nipples remain the same and I would just swap in the bov portion. I’ve heard quality control and customer service issues with golem so I just steered clear.

The nerd bracket was the one I ordered through rEvo. Made by shearwater I think. It moved around throughout the dive anytime I moved my head. Just a few millimeters but enough to make it hard to read the screen. This one is rock stable and allows me to position it perfectly in the bottom of my screen once and not touch it for the whole dive.

Back
Top Bottom