rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I posted a thread about losing almost all my dil through my BOV on a recent dive. I posted the link to that thread in this thread. Read that one if you want a long answer.

The short answer is that I think I do not need a BOV on a rEvo and so changing back to a regular DSV is simpler and thus more reliable. And no chance of a regular DSV allowing all my dil (or any offboard gas) to escape.

Cooper hoses because that's what I already have on my DSV. I think they are better than the stock silicone hoses, but I know that idea has fallen out of favor.

Also, I think some of you are really going overkill on drying the inside of your units.

Do you ever do a dive, get out for a surface interval, then do another dive starting with a not-bone dry unit? Okay, then why do you ever need to accelerate the drying process? If you are diving tomorrow, why does it need to be any dryer than it would be from just drying it out using the shammies and leaving it open overnight?

I almost never open my unit between dives on the same day. Much less do anything special to dry it out between dives. The exception would be if I heard any gurgling in the loop at all during a dive. In that case, I would open it up, wring out the shammies and use them to wipe out the interior (repeat as necessary), then wring out the shammies a final time, put them back in, and go for my next dive (after appropriate surface interval, of course).

I do have 2 sets of shammies, so sometimes I will use them on alternating days, to start each day with bone dry shammies. But, really, if I just dry my unit out with the shammies, then leave it open and the shammies out to dry, I would have no problem putting it all back together and diving again almost immediately. For sure, the next morning.

What am I missing? What do you think the effects might be if you left your unit open, to air dry, that you are preventing by using a fan to accelerate the drying?

If your environment for drying your unit is humid and it just won't get dry on its own, I can see using a fan dryer to get it bone dry before storing it. But still not bothering with that overnight before a repetitive dive day.

Also, I think some of you are really going overkill on drying the inside of your units.

Do you ever do a dive, get out for a surface interval, then do another dive starting with a not-bone dry unit? Okay, then why do you ever need to accelerate the drying process? If you are diving tomorrow, why does it need to be any dryer than it would be from just drying it out using the shammies and leaving it open overnight?

I almost never open my unit between dives on the same day. Much less do anything special to dry it out between dives. The exception would be if I heard any gurgling in the loop at all during a dive. In that case, I would open it up, wring out the shammies and use them to wipe out the interior (repeat as necessary), then wring out the shammies a final time, put them back in, and go for my next dive (after appropriate surface interval, of course).

I do have 2 sets of shammies, so sometimes I will use them on alternating days, to start each day with bone dry shammies. But, really, if I just dry my unit out with the shammies, then leave it open and the shammies out to dry, I would have no problem putting it all back together and diving again almost immediately. For sure, the next morning.

What am I missing? What do you think the effects might be if you left your unit open, to air dry, that you are preventing by using a fan to accelerate the drying?

If your environment for drying your unit is humid and it just won't get dry on its own, I can see using a fan dryer to get it bone dry before storing it. But still not bothering with that overnight before a repetitive dive day.
i agree - I don't use it to dry between over night or between dives -i use it after the dive trip and want put my gear away instead of leaving out out to dry fro a few days - i guess it depends on where you live - right now were getting snow flurries outside so air temp is pretty cold

I use a fan setup to dry the unit overnight

Where did you get it done?

Rhino liner is one of the most common mods I see on local rEvo's. However, keep in mind that there are several different finishes. I've seen 3 different finishes so far, two of which I have pictures of below. To be honest, I didn't really pay attention much until this thread, but recommend you see/feel them in person before deciding which one to go with.

The divers here dive inside of wrecks, so the units can get pretty beat up, however no matter how banged up everything else is, that Rhino Liner looks brand freaking new on all the ones I've seen! Going based on memory, I believe one owner told me he had his coated 7-years ago.

Exhibit A:
1666631032287.png

1666631064957.png

Exhibit B:
1666631176870.png

1666631214854.png

Rhino liner is one of the most common mods I see on local rEvo's. However, keep in mind that there are several different finishes. I've seen 3 different finishes so far, two of which I have pictures of below. To be honest, I didn't really pay attention much until this thread, but recommend you see/feel them in person before deciding which one to go with.

The divers here dive inside of wrecks, so the units can get pretty beat up, however no matter how banged up everything else is, that Rhino Liner looks brand freaking new on all the ones I've seen! Going based on memory, I believe one owner told me he had his coated 7-years ago.

Exhibit A:
View attachment 749883
View attachment 749884

Exhibit B:
View attachment 749885
View attachment 749886

Exhibit A looks like mine. To my knowledge it was done when basically new, so 2012. I want to say that the style was done by Add Helium.

Is it just a few shops that will do it or wherever I take my truck in?

Is it just a few shops that will do it or wherever I take my truck in?
Ask about it - tell them that you want to spray an important part and bring pics. Line-X or Rhiono Liner or any other shop that does professional applications can do that for you. The key is to find a place that won't screw up -- that has been my hold up.

Self-spray cans may work but the quality may not be there or spray may not last for a long time. After much deliberation, I think I am going to leave my cover as-is unless I come across a shop that has experience w rEvo covers. Perhaps there is a joint in FL that can do that.

Does the revo covers usually break?

Back
Top Bottom