rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A loop and c/lung dryer - elcheapo fan off alibaba and a 3d printed ring to connect the hoses too -it takes a day to dry them out - cheese cloth on the wells to stop insects etc
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0712.JPGIMG_0713.JPGIMG_0714.JPG

- rEvo BOV on my primary unit, but I'm planning to switch back to a standard DSV with Cooper hoses as soon as I make some maintenance time at home.
because?

A loop and c/lung dryer - elcheapo fan off alibaba and a 3d printed ring to connect the hoses too -it takes a day to dry them out - cheese cloth on the wells to stop insects etc View attachment 746765View attachment 746765View attachment 746766View attachment 746767

Can you share the file for that?

My new to me (built in 2012), rEvo has a dive rite harness and wing, black rhino lining on the peanut, Brett’s dual cam band travel brackets, and a NERD2. Otherwise think it’s stock.

Can you share the file for that?

My new to me (built in 2012), rEvo has a dive rite harness and wing, black rhino lining on the peanut, Brett’s dual cam band travel brackets, and a NERD2. Otherwise think it’s stock.

EDIT thats to fit the Shrimp hes working on a file to print standard revo hose connections

I had bought a Momentum and Vortex at the same time. (I have no patience...) I knew the Momentum would fit, but thought the Vortex might not. But, I use the Vortex because it says it has a stainless steel spring, where the Momentum does not say and I assume it's not.

I've had the Vortex since December, 2020, and the lid spring has never given me a moment's trouble. It still works strongly.
The one I got has seen salt water a few times. No signs of rust. Probably made in the same factory in China just with different names on it. If it ever breaks, toss and get another. Not needed, just nice to not have to rig the loop so the NERD is pointing down while it sits on the bench.

I hear there is a fancy new NERD cover in the works. Keep an eye out for it later this year.

I hear there is a fancy new NERD cover in the works. Keep an eye out for it later this year.
Would be even nicer if there was a fancy new charging connector to replace the rather awkward and unreliable existing Nerd adapter. It’s expensive to replace too, the micro USB connector seems very fragile.

A loop and c/lung dryer - elcheapo fan off alibaba and a 3d printed ring to connect the hoses too -it takes a day to dry them out - cheese cloth on the wells to stop insects etc View attachment 746765View attachment 746765View attachment 746766View attachment 746767
My setup is less fancy. With the cover on, no scrubbers. Takes about 1 day to be bone dry.

You can speed up the process by skipping the custom-made fan holder. Put the fan between the hoses. That way, the fan will push and pull the air at the same time.

how d
My setup is less fancy. With the cover on, no scrubbers. Takes about 1 day to be bone dry.

You can speed up the process by skipping the custom-made fan holder. Put the fan between the hoses. That way, the fan will push and pull the air at the same time.
so your just circulating the air? how does the moisture escape with the cover on ?

how d

so your just circulating the air? how does the moisture escape with the cover on ?
There is a bit more to it. I always open my unit and dry the cover, lungs, and squeeze the loop so that by the time I need to fan things out, moisture content is minimal. Also, I dry my units inside so circulation assists evaporation.

I am currently working on a prototype for portable drying. My main goal is to dry the unit as effectively as possible at a hotel room so that I can do back-to-back dive days with the driest possible counterlung & loop combo. I set the temp to 70F which kicks in AC and dries out the air in the room. The challenge is to increase circulation and inject dry air in. I tried with the cover on and w/o the cover - the results were inconclusive because my setup was less than optimal.

@lermontov - your setup is nice, as you have quick disconnect or bayonet attachments. I'll DM you.

Will keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom