Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parts are super easy to get. I do not know what went on before Mares took over, but I was astonished by getting parts within 24 hours. Basically, you get Amazon/DGX-like shipping from the overseas manufacturer.

Well... you get that from the Mares operation in FL. If they don't have it in stock there, then you don't get it in 24 hours....

Well... you get that from the Mares operation in FL. If they don't have it in stock there, then you don't get it in 24 hours....
Yes, all parts I've ordered came from Boca. However, rEvo corp from Belgium was always on the point and helped with the recent issue even on the weekend. I have yet to run into a situation where I needed something that was on in stock. The modular design basically allows you to buy everything but the case and the lungs as a spare. But I am sure you know all of it, as I've learned it from you ;-)

All those cells! Five for goodness sake. It's so expensive to replace all of them every year once every six months.

Three is the magic number. Allegedly.

All those cells! Five for goodness sake. It's so expensive to replace all of them every year once every six months.

Three is the magic number. Allegedly.

This is going to blow that right out of the water. 7 is the key number. 7 Chipmonks twirling on a branch.

No doubt.

Personally, I really don't like and recommend against Apeks regs. I swear it's at LEAST 90% of divers that I see using them are swimming around like seahorses and kicking the crap out of everything. Those regs are just terrible.
are you saying the Apeks regs make the rEvo heavier ass end?

@stuartv can you see yourself teaching Choptima (one day)? The Chop is good for some things but its not a revo. To me its like comparing a Kia and a Cadillac

are you saying the Apeks regs make the rEvo heavier ass end?

LOL! :D

@stuartv can you see yourself teaching Choptima (one day)? The Chop is good for some things but its not a revo. To me its like comparing a Kia and a Cadillac

It is possible. But, the motivation is low as my shop already had a Choptima instructor. That does not mean there would be no benefit from becoming a Choptima instructor - just that the return on investment, if you will, would be low.

No doubt.

Personally, I really don't like and recommend against Apeks regs. I swear it's at LEAST 90% of divers that I see using them are swimming around like seahorses and kicking the crap out of everything. Those regs are just terrible.

Just curious, did you install non-Apeks regs on the rEvo? If so, which ones?

- brett

- brett
That was just his sarcastic retort to rddvet’s dislike of rEvos because in his experience the people that use rEvos in FL caves kick up silt.

He still runs the Apex 1st stages last I saw his unit.

I have several times for well over ten years. Do a search. I don't go into detail anymore because it's not worth the headache.

And as for bashing the revo, here I'll give you my own personal metric on the revo that I bet anyone who's spent more than 10 years in cave country will attest to. Other than donsix and capt jim, 9 out of every 10 people who show up on a revo to cave country are vacation divers who can't dive in trim, silt up the caves, and are just a general nuisance. If I just wanted to bash the revo I would lead with that.
There are probably some pros to the revo. There is a lot I dislike and yes, I've dove one. Its not a horrid death machine. Its just not something I think is worth its price tag (or the previously historical overhaul costs).

That was just his sarcastic retort to rddvet’s dislike of rEvos because in his experience the people that use rEvos in FL caves kick up silt.

He still runs the Apex 1st stages last I saw his unit.

Got it, thanks. I didn't read the whole long thread. :)

- brett

- brett

Yeah, what MyBuddy said. I would not actually talk bad about a piece of equipment only because I saw lots of bad divers using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom