rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I switched to a Meg DSV, but I did a little mod for my buddy to secure his HUD mount. I don't suggest you try this if you are not mechanically inclined, good with measuring, and accurate with power tools. I drilled a hole in the interior radius of the HUD holder only about 3/4 of the way that was tight enough to secure a s.s. dowel pin (I believe I used 3/16" diameter). I then drilled a matching hole in the DSV but slightly larger so it would slide in easily. This was done on the outer part of the HUD holder so it could be fitted and then clipped on the rest of the way. Never moved on him again.

^ this. I bought that unit from Don and that is the only HUD holder I've had that didn't move around. A brilliant mod, if you have the mechanical ability and tools.

I still have that clip around here somewhere. It didn't fit on the rEvo BOV, so I quit using it a long time ago. Now that I'm back to the stock DSV, I need to find it and see if I can use it with my NERD.

Thanks for posting about this! I have looked at the Divesoft BOV before, but never really paid attention to the fact they have a plain DSV for rEvo.

I looked at pictures of their mount. It makes it look like the NERD is positioned up pretty high in your field of view. How it is, really?

Can you bend that metal part and position the NERD so it appears to be so low that any lower and it would start to disappear below the body of the DSV?

Any chance you could post some pictures of it?

A pic from sort of the diver's eye view?

And a pic showing how the hoses connect to the DSV? The pics kind of look like their nipples might be some kind of bayonet fitting, instead of held on by hose clamps (aka worm gears).

Does it use rEvo factory spiders and mushroom valves, or Divesoft-specific ones?
I’ll try to post some pics when I can get back home. The position is pretty flexible. The bracket on the dsv allows for horizontal displacement and the metal c allows the nerd to be rotated and the metal can be bent slightly to suit your needs. In general this allows me to place the nerd at the bottom of the tear drop of the mask lens we’ll out of the way but perfectly angled when I want to glance at it.

I’m pretty sure the mushroom valves are dove soft specific as they fit into the nipples that serve as your hose attachment.

Hey can anyone help me, I saw a post somewher on ScubaBoard, where somebody has made an ADV shutoff for a revo, that comes up ove the left sholder and tucks in under the power inflator for the bcd. I was interested in looking at it. Its different from brett's version which comes into the MAV.

I can't find the post anymore. I have spent 10 mins looking

Mine actually comes up and over the left shoulder and into the wing inflate area.

- brett

Mine actually comes up and over the left shoulder and into the wing inflate area.

- brett
Ok I thought yours had the in-line shut off on the Mav this one I was thinking of had the in-line shut off tucked behind the power inflator for the bcd. ?? Is this yours version 2… anyway if someone finds the page
Please drop me the link.

Ok I thought yours had the in-line shut off on the Mav this one I was thinking of had the in-line shut off tucked behind the power inflator for the bcd. ?? Is this yours version 2… anyway if someone finds the page
Please drop me the link.

This is a photo of my unit. Maybe this will help?

IMG_3759.JPG

- brett

This is a photo of my unit. Maybe this will help?

- brett
Hi @beldridg is there any reason that you need two quick disconnect here. Can you just permantly attach the omniswivel Y valve to the low pressure inflator.

Also do you definitely need the 90 degree elbow, to the ADV port, or can you route the hose looped around the solenoid hose and up like the current ADV hose is routed to the dil reg?

Thanks I'm in the process of ordering parts

Hi @beldridg is there any reason that you need two quick disconnect here. Can you just permantly attach the omniswivel Y valve to the low pressure inflator.

Also do you definitely need the 90 degree elbow, to the ADV port, or can you route the hose looped around the solenoid hose and up like the current ADV hose is routed to the dil reg?

Well....two reasons:

1. I like to be able to take my wing off the unit to rinse it out, clean it, store it, etc.

2. I'm pretty sure that the connector on the "Y" valve isn't threaded to connect to a BC / wing inflator. How would you connect it?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Regards,

- brett

PS - It was late and I was tired when I answered your question and missed the second question.

You could probably get away without a 90 degree elbow going to port on the case to the ADV, but it will probably be a lot cleaner routing with it.

- brett

Back
Top Bottom