rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

- Micro (only titanium is available)
- Extended lung capacity kit
- Shearwater package - Petrel 3 + NERD. Which one is the controller is up to you.
- Apeks regs
- Travel tank attachments
- O-ring kit
- Adjustable NERD mount (R594)

If you're tall, consider:
- Long gauge hoses
- Long MAV hose

Don't spend more $ than you need to. You can safely skip the premium wing, the spares part & kit (R585).

Also, consider RMS. Perhaps someone with a new rEvo and RMS can chime in about RMS performance.
Pretty much the same. Petrel as controller.
Add transmitters instead of gauges (not an actual rEvo option)
Probably add the stand as well

Yeah transmitters are awesome. If you are diving a backmount unit why not clean up everything on your chest as much as possible. Two mods I think about are a less chunky MAV and maybe a new weight bracket/shelf thing meant for mounting transmitters to. I did see someone was making something for a meg that was a clone of the revo style MAV but much smaller and possibly available with needle valve????

I had been thinking Micro, BOV, big CLs, Spares/Tool Kit, Long MAV hose (I was planning on using transmitters).

Thanks for the responses. This is very helpful.

- Apeks regs
Out of interest can you get a new rEvo with Apeks regs? When I bought mine (2.5 years old) it only came with Mares regs.

I like the RMS but the temp sticks are sensitive, and need to be treated with care. I.E. dont scratch them up, when banging the cannister on a table to compact the sorb. Don't put them infront of a heater to dry them, like I stupidly did for 5 minutes in a rush to do a rebuild and then thought how stupid is that, only to find I ruined both tempsticks.

But they lasted 2 years with a reasonably high level of abuse, and the new tempsticks I have are much better looked after, and I love the additional safety info of knowing where the sorb frontier is.

Out of interest can you get a new rEvo with Apeks regs? When I bought mine (2.5 years old) it only came with Mares regs.

I like the RMS but the temp sticks are sensitive, and need to be treated with care. I.E. dont scratch them up, when banging the cannister on a table to compact the sorb. Don't put them infront of a heater to dry them, like I stupidly did for 5 minutes in a rush to do a rebuild and then thought how stupid is that, only to find I ruined both tempsticks.

But they lasted 2 years with a reasonably high level of abuse, and the new tempsticks I have are much better looked after, and I love the additional safety info of knowing where the sorb frontier is.
You can get a new rEvo w Apeks regs. If, for some reason, you can't, you can still upgrade. Get O2 Apeks D4 reg modified by Fathom Dive. It will come with a stiffer spring so that you can dive deeper if that's your concern.

I had been thinking Micro, BOV, big CLs, Spares/Tool Kit, Long MAV hose (I was planning on using transmitters).

Thanks for the responses. This is very helpful.
The spares/tool kit is super expensive for what it is. BOV or DSV - depends on your setup. If you dive with a necklace reg, BOV will make things a bit more crowded.

Just out of curiosity, how would you outfit a Revo if you were ordering new?
Mini for more lung capacity and is easier to get to the valves.

The "R19" version: Petrel + Nerd + RMS

A stand is very useful especially if boat diving; otherwise it falls over. The Kent Tooling one is heavier and easy to remove/reinstall, the Revo one is titanium.

If buying new, a BOV 'upgrade' is good value at €350.

Two sets of cylinders is good, more if you're diving with hypoxic mixes.

A set of "Travel tank fixation" (basically cam bands for your O2, Dil and drysuit cylinders). Makes life a lot easier to remove and replace cylinders.

AI tank pressure sensors are good and free your chest of clutter. Use the Nerd (and the Petrel 3?).

Spares kit is expensive. Do get the O-ring set, a couple of spare mushroom valves, one spare sensor, batteries for the Petrel (AA) and solenoid (PP3). A digital IP gauge is good (and quite cheap).

Thank you all. This is very informative.

Not quite sure why the valves on the mini would be easier to reach than on the micro. I'll take your word for it, though. Unless you could explain . . .

I would still take a micro (with increased counterlung volume) over the mini, for airline carry on compliance in putting in the overhead bin. One of my primary reasons for the rEvo was travel.
3L steel tanks. 2 sets are nice in you don't have to stop by a shop for fills when doing more than a days worth of diving. Locally it would take over a day just to get O2 filled as the one person who would do it was never there a the right time. Eventually fixed it with getting my own booster.

Thank you all. This is very informative.

Not quite sure why the valves on the mini would be easier to reach than on the micro. I'll take your word for it, though. Unless you could explain . . .
The Micro's shorter than the Mini. Both align with your shoulders therefore the valves are higher on the Mini Micro than the Micro Mini.

May be an issue, also may not, all depends if you have the flexibility to reach it.

Edit: thanks @Dsix36

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom