rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting that you mention that.

There are a few folks in the are that are contemplating spraying lids with Line-X. Called the shop and the shop warned that to get Line-X on, they had to heat the cover up to 200F. We decided to hold off for now.

Has anyone had the cover warped or damaged due to excessive heat application, like Line-X spray?
My cover was Rhino lined, or something similar to that, by the previous owner and has never leaked/ warped to my knowledge. Not all products like that require heating, though. I used Raptor Liner (probably similar) from a spray can to spray the body tube and shroud of my DiveXtras Blacktip and it hasn't seemed to have negatively affected the integrity of the plastic and has held up for the past couple years of scraping it against random things in and out of the water.

Anyone else ever make custom check list cards?
I made a few alterations.
  • Running NERD and not dreams
  • No RMS
  • Transmitters instead of gauges.
  • Got the O2 open a lot sooner in the pre-jump checklist (once had an issue with low PPO2 after ADV check and before O2 open)

Friend has a laser cutter and we were playing around with multi layer stock a couple years ago. Need to refresh and change the T1 and T2 to D1 and O2 for the transmitter labels. Minor enough I am waiting for the next revision before doing it.
DSC_3811.JPG

Paper checklists

I use some paper checklists for the Build and Close checks. These are in double-sided A5/half letter format. I write on these with a pencil and keep them after the build. There's boxes to note down pressures, voltages, plus check boxes.

I like these as if there's a "distraction" during the build -- e.g. change a cell, O-ring change, whatever -- then I don't loose my place. They also have notes on them such as cell readings, cell changes, kit config, weighting, etc. which may be good to refer back to.

They're in PDF format so I can print them and guillotine them in half so they're two-sided. Print TWO per page double-sided.

Specifically for the Revo "R19 - Petrel + Nerd with RMS" version. Based upon the Revo version.

Screenshots attached for convenience (don't use these - the PDF is better)

1670804015107.png

1670804063312.png

Version 3 attached

Attachments

• rEvo checklists (GG v0.3) 2021-08-16.pdf
    126.2 KB · Views: 61
  • No RMS
  • Got the O2 open a lot sooner in the pre-jump checklist (once had an issue with low PPO2 after ADV check and before O2 open)

Friend has a laser cutter and we were playing around with multi layer stock a couple years ago. Need to refresh and change the T1 and T2 to D1 and O2 for the transmitter labels. Minor enough I am waiting for the next revision before doing it.
View attachment 758118
I would have thought open o2 and dil valve are essential check list items? or do you have that on another card? why dont you run RMS is it broken ? how often do you change a carousel 60mimn 90min? I think using sorb at the rates of the rEvo recommendations is too conservative when I compare what the RMS tell me i have left versus a stack timer

I would have thought open o2 and dil valve are essential check list items? or do you have that on another card? why dont you run RMS is it broken ? how often do you change a carousel 60mimn 90min? I think using sorb at the rates of the rEvo recommendations is too conservative when I compare what the RMS tell me i have left versus a stack timer
The cards are double sided, like the originals. The one picture does not show all of it.

I don't have RMS because at the time I got mine it was a terrible system with over 100% failure rate. A discussion with the instructor about how to option it and for my plans it was decided by both of us that RMS was to be avoided. The cassette replace/rotate schedule is based on time and the planned upcoming dives. The rEvo manual states times for different sorb and temperatures. Yes, I probably toss usable sorb that those with RMS might keep pushing. I don't care. I still use less sorb with a greater safety margin that normal single scrubber rebreathers (in my style of diving).

• No RMS

View attachment 758118
I did the same thing. I wanted mine to be as streamlined as possible and only include things I was likely to forget. The original was very confusing in the English translation and didn’t really cover the important shearwater steps. They are stainless steel and wallet sized.

Attachments

• 85392129-5E64-483F-8686-977FD4B0ADC9.jpeg
    85392129-5E64-483F-8686-977FD4B0ADC9.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 1E4A762E-AF90-459E-97EE-CF57554E0230.jpeg
    1E4A762E-AF90-459E-97EE-CF57554E0230.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 929E9CC6-92AD-4DB3-89F0-C381CAC70E73.jpeg
    929E9CC6-92AD-4DB3-89F0-C381CAC70E73.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 42
When doing the line-x or rhino coating do you do one side or both?

Just out of curiosity, how would you outfit a Revo if you were ordering new?
- Micro (only titanium is available)
- Extended lung capacity kit
- Shearwater package - Petrel 3 + NERD. Which one is the controller is up to you.
- Apeks regs
- Travel tank attachments
- O-ring kit
- Adjustable NERD mount (R594)

If you're tall, consider:
- Long gauge hoses
- Long MAV hose

Don't spend more $ than you need to. You can safely skip the premium wing, the spares part & kit (R585).

Also, consider RMS. Perhaps someone with a new rEvo and RMS can chime in about RMS performance.

Back
Top Bottom