rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more thing - get a spare sorb cassette. Prefill it with sorb at home so that you can easily swap in on a boat or in a hurry during multi-day dives.

One more thing - get a spare sorb cassette. Prefill it with sorb at home so that you can easily swap in on a boat or in a hurry during multi-day dives.
Fairly expensive with the RMS sensor.

And get a couple of Tupperware round containers that fit the 'Sorb cannisters. That way you can store partially used ones -- or new even -- for some time (weeks).

The Micro's shorter than the Mini. Both align with your shoulders therefore the valves are higher on the Mini than the Micro.

May be an issue, also may not, all depends if you have the flexibility to reach it.
I think he means the valves on the Micro are higher than the Mini.

I’m surprised by the votes for the larger counter lungs. I’m a big 6’3” guy and I was afraid the small lungs would be too small. After about 70 dives I took the spacers out because I found the higher lung volumes made optimal LV harder and wasted a lot of gas. Plenty of volume almost two full breaths in the smaller counter lung size on the micro.

I’m surprised by the votes for the larger counter lungs. I’m a big 6’3” guy and I was afraid the small lungs would be too small. After about 70 dives I took the spacers out because I found the higher lung volumes made optimal LV harder and wasted a lot of gas. Plenty of volume almost two full breaths in the smaller counter lung size on the micro.
Have you had a panic, even a mild one?

Have you had a panic, even a mild one?
I can’t say that I’ve ever panicked diving on ccr or oc for that matter, but I can’t imagine having extra king volume helping in those situations. To my mind unneeded lung volume=more potential expanding gas = more potential for complications in an emergency. Less dil needed to flush completely etc.

- Micro (only titanium is available)
- Extended lung capacity kit
- Shearwater package - Petrel 3 + NERD. Which one is the controller is up to you.
- Apeks regs
- Travel tank attachments
- O-ring kit
- Adjustable NERD mount (R594)

If you're tall, consider:
- Long gauge hoses
- Long MAV hose

Don't spend more $ than you need to. You can safely skip the premium wing, the spares part & kit (R585).

Also, consider RMS. Perhaps someone with a new rEvo and RMS can chime in about RMS performance.

I don't think I got the extended lung capacity. I'll have to check before it ships.

I can’t say that I’ve ever panicked diving on ccr or oc for that matter, but I can’t imagine having extra king volume helping in those situations. To my mind unneeded lung volume=more potential expanding gas = more potential for complications in an emergency. Less dil needed to flush completely etc.
I hope you never experience it. During acute stress, the type that generates "fight or flight" response, you will breathe heavier relying on vital lung capacity which is greater than your tidal volume. As a result, you could hit a wall with smaller counter lungs. This is just a guess, as I hope to never find out. Will lung capacity save you? I do not know, but I would not mind something extra. Even with the extended kit, you're nowhere near lung configs offered on other CCRs.

Back
Top Bottom