Restructuring Florida, Take Two...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooooh, I like Walter's suggestion! I also like how it notes Springs as a type of diving and not a specific geographic location...since we know that they are in so many areas.

Missdirected:
And Bug, I would ask you stop attributing things to me you know nothing about.

Elaborate.

If you're talking about the entire 'cave country' thing, some moderator has already taken the initiative to remove it. Despite the fact that my point was not to argue what area it covered, but to simply point out the fact that the area was so large that it covered an area greater than any of the regional bondaries would cover. To me, thats important. Especially since the springs/caves are their own animals in contrast to the Gulf diving available over the state.

OK peeps,

this thread is about the future structure of the Florida forum.

Please refrain from off-topic discussions.

Thank you.

Please explain to me how my post on breaking up a large region of FL with similar characteristics isn't part of the future structure of the Florida forum.

Assuming you are speaking to me, since my earlier posts were deleted without any explanation.

Walter:
Maybe, would this comply?

Florida - Main Forum
- Calendar

Subforums
- Panhandle
- Big Bend to St. Petersburg
- Southwest Florida
- Florida Keys
- Southeast Florida
- Northeast Florida
- Florida Springs
I like Walters:D suggestion, with the additional notation / caves that Howard added. It puts all the main stuff in Florida, then the different areas Have their specific forum. If some of the areas do not get used then they may be erased in time, but it gives them all a shot.

I am not quite sure where Central Florida would hang out, possiblily the Springs as some of them are in the Central area. Central area before did have a lot of the springs activities in it. Course Crystal River and coastal area is in the Big Bend to St Pete. It is a plan and it would work without having to have so many "club forums".

I only see the need for one main calendar also. The other thing would be where would trips and local market place be? I think there should be only one, under Florida, and no need for this to be in every forum. It could go parallel with the only Calendar. Just some more thoughts or does that get it too complicated peeps? (someone informed me of a peep)

just to keep it out there...
keep in mind Orlando tends to have just a few out of town visitors and when they're going to disney world, they always want to know where else to go to dive.

where would they look for information??
a sticky in the main forum?

other than that, Walter's suggestion keeps it nice and simple!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Please explain to me how my post on breaking up a large region of FL with similar characteristics isn't part of the future structure of the Florida forum.

Assuming you are speaking to me, since my earlier posts were deleted without any explanation.
I do not know why your posts were deleted, I do not moderate this thread since I'm an active participant here.

dldiver:
just to keep it out there...
keep in mind Orlando tends to have just a few out of town visitors and when they're going to disney world, they always want to know where else to go to dive.

where would they look for information??
a sticky in the main forum?

other than that, Walter's suggestion keeps it nice and simple!
Maybe the best thing is to add Central Florida as a subforum along with the others. Orlando does have a large input and following from out-of-state people, expecially ones that are coming to Disney and wish to dive while they are here. A lot of times the answer is directing them to one of the coasts.

Modification:

Originally Posted by Walter Modified by Dave

Maybe, would this comply?

Florida - Main Forum
- Trips and Local Mareket Place
- Calendar

Subforums
- Panhandle
- Big Bend to St. Petersburg
- Southwest Florida
- Florida Keys
- Southeast Florida