Remaining MV Spree/flower garden trips canceled for 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for Houston having gas... I filled up last night, with no line whats so ever. There is gas in Houston.

And as I had said before, I think for them, its a better move as it will make them more money being paid to be a hotel on a daily bases than to take divers out only on weekends.

I am just upset and sad that I had saved enough money to make the trip, now its not gonna happen and wont ever happen.

Selfish much? I doubt that it has anything to do with money and more along the lines of trying to help people who need it.

The name calling is competely uncalled for.

The guy was venting. Many of us have vented on this board for a variety of reasons. Yes, there is some stuff in the OP that one could take issue with, but the overall gist is he's venting.

Get over it yall.

The name calling is competely uncalled for.

The guy was venting. Many of us have vented on this board for a variety of reasons. Yes, there is some stuff in the OP that one could take issue with, but the overall gist is he's venting.

Get over it yall.

The first post was a vent and I took it as such when I first read the post last night. His posts since then are just adding fuel to the flame and a show true colors. Selfish, Inconsiderate, and heartless come to mind.

I kinda like Guba's idea. And hijack the thread....it's not going anywhere productive.

Let no deed go unpunished! Kudos to the Captain and the Crew of the MV Spree for helping out the victims of the hurricane. They aren't bailing on the local community, they are helping them out.

Wow!!! I am honored to have NetDoc himself edit my post. I felt like my name calling was justified since he essentially called out the Spree and said they were "bailing on the local dive community". It just hit me on a personal level. I could sit here and list all the accomplishments Capt Frank and Melanie have made over the years and if anyone thinks the decision t leave the FG was made lightly, well they got another thing coming. I could get on a major soap box right now, but I just don't have it in me to defend them against someone who obviously knows very little about the current situation.

Yes Debraw... your heart was in the right place. You were defending friends and there is a lot of honor in that. Just as the MV Spree is helping those in much bigger need. Will it help Frank and company out? I sure hope so. The diving business is a tough road to hoe! :D

Um, so are any boats going out to the Banks this year?

Let no deed go unpunished! Kudos to the Captain and the Crew of the MV Spree for helping out the victims of the hurricane. They aren't bailing on the local community, they are helping them out.

...I'm pretty sure that when he said 'bailing on the local community' he wasn't referring to aborting the balance of the 2008 FG dive season...he was referring to the permanent move to the Dry Tortugas/FL in early 2009....which I wouldn't characterize as helping the local (TX) dive community. (which is a different issue than helping out with the recent hurricane aftermath.)

Yeah, having a boat with two ports has it's downsides. I look forward to him being on the Tortugas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom