Regs......which one to choose

Which Reg do you use? ScubaPro or Apeks!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicdiver656

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey All, I just have a question for you!
My dad and I have been researching regs, and originally we both agreed to go with a ScubaPro MK25, S600, and G250V (now 2 G250Vs for me, and no S600) Now my dad is looking at Apeks, and wondering whether that's a better choice. Has anybody had any major problems with Apeks, or with ScubaPro that you think should be made known?

Also, I have a poll here, asking which brand you use. Please fill it out and then tell us why you use it.

cheers,
Taylor
Vicdiver656

Honestly, I don't know why I use SP, other than it's the second brand I ever bought and out of habit, stuck with it. It's hard to get them serviced here in Belize and recently I got a lemon of a G250.

I`m noticing that many of you on here are choosing the I dont care button. Please dont. I asked for your honest opinion, not stupidity.

What kind of diving will you be doing?

For very cold water, Scubapro MK17 (or Apeks) may be a better choice than MK25.

I use both brands (in warm water) and have had no problems whatsoever. I really like the hose routing possibilities of the MK25 but also love the simplicity of the Apeks first stages. Since I have many, many Apeks regs, I'll probably eventually stop using Scubapro, just to simplify servicing and spare parts requirements. However, both companies make excellent regs and you won't go wrong with either.

I`m noticing that many of you on here are choosing the I dont care button. Please dont. I asked for your honest opinion, not stupidity.

If you don't want people to choose the "I don't really care!" option, not including it as an option in your poll might help...

Apeks is an AL product, but with the stance of enforcing the MSRP and MAP pricing model. I would go with the ScubaPro. Also SP is the prefer choice as vacation rental gear all over the world. So if you need some work done to your reg on vacation outside the US, the diving outfit staff can most likely help you out with parts and service. The MK25 is a really good reg, so is the apeks.

I use SP....easy to DIY service; I have the parts and tools to do so....dependable regulators.

Many people will choose don't care because there's so many more brands out there than those 2. It a perfectly reasonable response to a limited poll, not "stupid."

I have had SP for a long time but recently bought Aqualung/Apeks and they haven't been wet yet. So I don't have a preference yet, and I suspect I may not even after using them.

I've often heard people say SP is a great choice for traveling, supposedly easy to get serviced many places, but my experience has been quite the opposite.

SP DIY service & reliable

PS

If you are into the political debate, Apeks/AL is French owned. ScubaPro is US owned. For some it an issue to spend money supporting a US company to booster the economy, ie Johnsons Outdoors vs. AirGas, during the economic down turn in the US.

I 've never set up a poll on here before, but if "I don't care" is not a default option and you put it up, then you get what you made available. It isn't stupid; as posted by someone else (Damselfish): There are more than 2 regs available. You won't get honest opinions if you tell people they are stupid for giving their honest opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom