Regs for Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks manufactures all their regulators in Blackburn, UK.
i think he was talking about Tecline made in Taiwan, not Apeks made in UK.
Tecline is made in Poland i think, not taiwan

Apeks manufactures all their regulators in Blackburn, UK.

I was indeed trying to mean I suspect Tecline regulators are manufactured by the same OEMs as Deep6 and HOG. I know Apeks is is made in UK in their own factory. It is one of the reasons I dive Apeks.

[QUOTE="inka, post: 8256716, member: 100133"
Tecline is made in Poland i think, not taiwan[/QUOTE]

Tecline is Polish brand but I have not seen any indication about where the regulators are actually manufactured.
It would be rather suprising if they had their own manufacturing.
Most of their models look like generic apeks clones thus i strongly suspect Taiwan..

One regulator possibly worth considering is Tecline V2. Tecline has a distributor in Malaysia and Tecline regs are priced lower than Apeks in most markets. They are sealed diaphragm desings, probably manufactured by the same Taiwanese OEMs (although I am not sure).
V2 has nice TEK3 style hose routing with an unobtrusive 1st stage body.

I don't like the hose routing on the Tek3 and I really don't like the V2, either (from looking at the info on their website).

I don't see how the V2 hose routing is any better for back mount doubles than any other 1st stage with no swivel turret and no bottom LP port. I also noticed that their pictures clearly DON'T show how the hose routing would look when you include a wing inflator and a drysuit inflator. And it looks like they even managed to make the V2 useless for single tank diving, too.

That is what causes them to separate.

I use the CA balls swivels on most of my regs. I never even thought about this before. Does this mean that if the swivel on the long hose reg came apart, I would be at risk of actually completely losing the 2nd stage? As in, the ball comes apart and if I let go of the 2nd stage, it could be completely separated from the hose and fall to the bottom of the ocean?

I'm thinking (hoping?) that you are going to tell me the screw has enough threads in there that even if it comes really loose (i.e. BLOWING bubbles), the screw is still going to keep it all together, so the 2nd stage won't just fall off.

@taimen I'm with @stuartv on this one. I like the Tek3's for rebreather bottles and deco bottles but that's about it. It doesn't work well for sidemount at all, obviously doesn't do singles well, and the routing in backmount causes a lot of unnecessary hose bends.

yes, they can completely separate, but I've never seen or heard of it before. What normally happens is the screw backs out just enough for the main o-ring to extrude out so it becomes non-breathable. Usually when you try to put it in your mouth which is typically a counterclockwise rotation. The loctite is needed to prevent that screw from backing out. You would have to have that o-ring extrude, then continue spinning the regulator with the screw under pressure of some sort several full rotations before it fully separated.
Now, the elbows that I've seen fail just spit the second stage out completely because the threads strip which is cute. That isn't caused by rotation, just cheap parts that fail under pressure over time

@stuartv and @tbone1004 , me neither to be honest. I have only 5-port DSTs myself. But many people still prefer TEK3s and thus V2s for doubles. Tecline also has a 5-port DST style model. I wanted to bring Tecline regulators into this thread because I know Tecline has a distributor in Malaysia. As regulators they are probably quite comparable to HOG.

Tecline is made in Poland i think, not taiwan

Tecline is a Polish company but their regulator manufacturing is done where most other companies have their regulators made, Taiwan :) I suspect that most of their other products are also made in Asia.

Tecline is a Polish company but their regulator manufacturing is done where most other companies have their regulators made, Taiwan :) I suspect that most of their other products are also made in Asia.
After some research, the regulators made by Scubatec ( Tecline is one of ) are manufactured in Italy.
Fabriqué en Italie

logo-scubatec.png

Edit: ....made by Scubatech.... so no sure about Italy now....

Last edited:
After some research, the regulators made by Scubatec ( Tecline is one of ) are manufactured in Italy.

Scubatech and Scubatec are different companies. Scubatec is a well know Italian original manufacturer for diving equipment. It may well be true that they manufacture teclines regulators. But as far as I know, Tecline brand does not belong to Scubatec. It is owned by a polish company named Scubatech.

Last edited:
yes, i just saw the difference, scubatec&scubatech, sorry..:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom