Reflections on Vortex Springs with Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice fill station Shane, I'll mimic what everyone else has said about Vortex in general..its moving in the right direction. Any chance those nitrox fills will be pay by the cubic foot?

The man made caves are somewhere in the ball park of 25 tons each, I don't think that a truck or even a couple of trucks will even budge them. I have been working on htis for a while now and know that they were built to stay. They are made of concrete over 1/2 and 3/4 inch steel rebar, the concrete is between 3 and 6 inches think in spots. The only thing I can think of it to try and break them apart under water and move them in smaller pieces.

Nice fill station Shane, I'll mimic what everyone else has said about Vortex in general..its moving in the right direction. Any chance those nitrox fills will be pay by the cubic foot?
I am working on getting the blending system to the point where I can charge by the cubic foot. I do not think that will happen this year though. I am trying to get the trimix up and running next and then I will work on the metering part to measure total cubic foot discharged.

You know you don't need a metter to measure that right?

95's, 98's, hp119's = 7.2 cf per 100 psi
104's, 108's, hp130's = 7.8 cf per 100 psi
85's, = 6.4 cf per 100 psi

Half that for singles.

This is a wonderful report that shows how someone with vision (and some financial backing!) can really make a difference!

I've been down to Florida a number of times and dove in quite a few of the springs. Now it looks like I have another to hit.

Silly question...where is Vortex? I had a URL for it but it doesn't work now.

Jeff

There are trucks out there that have the grunt to pull them (my offroad truck has a final gear ratio of 233:1, meaning it could drag that no problem) Its a traction issue. You will never get the traction to move them unless you have a dozer with big treads.

Where do you fill doubles? Doesn't look like they'll fit in the cabinets.

You know you don't need a metter to measure that right?

95's, 98's, hp119's = 7.2 cf per 100 psi
104's, 108's, hp130's = 7.8 cf per 100 psi
85's, = 6.4 cf per 100 psi

Half that for singles.
To make sure that eveyone involved in the process is honest, I prefer to have the gas mattered. For a small dive shop that is one thing, but when you do the amount that I do on a weekly basis, I would feel better knowing the exact amounts and have proof of it. I want to keep the honest, honest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom