Reflections on Vortex Springs with Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just put in the new fill stations this week. Now the system is almost complete, we just have some tweeking to do and fix a couple of small leaks and we are golden. I have 32% Nitrox banked for you personal enjoyment and am in the process of looking for a haskel pump so I can start doing Trimix and partial pressure blending.

Sounds good I should be diving vortex on the 14th of march for my aow hey do you guys by chance do night dives or allow it there?

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

Shane,

I'd certainly not be averse to lending a hand during "Srping-Fest I".

If there are some underwater things some of can do to assist you in the remediation of the basin, let us know.

Have-Lift Bag-Will-Travel

I would imagine that among several of us, we've enough lift bags to pull anything out of there.
We can get it to the surface, but after that you're on your own, Bubba !!!
the K

I have Ed breaking the man made stuff apart but it seems to be taking a long time. I could use some help in figuring out how to remove them without the cost of hiring a crane company for almost $25000.00. HELP!!!!

Do the Bauer filling stations replace all the water-filled cinder-block stations?

Definitely looks a LOT safer... I have heard a few "fun" stories from the past employees about near-injuries from tank fills with the old system.

Do the Bauer stations have any means of keeping the tank semi-cooled (I have HP100's which can get HOT!)

The new stuff is not water filled so there will be some heat. I have been filling with them for a few days and have been pleased with the amount of control I have over how fast they get filled. I can slow it down enough so not to get them too hot. I also have the ability to set the fill level and leave it alone and it will keep pressure on it as it cools to make sure you get a full fill.

I too have had my own close calls with the old system. I will still have the water station to fill doubles with because they do not make a system that will support doubles. All and all I feel much safer than I did.

Got 200#s of lift that I can bring along with me this year :)

How cheap is the grass on the side of the hill? Truck + chain = drag whatever out the basin, but you'll want to get a couple pallettes of grass to patch up the damaged grounds. Surely cheaper than that crane!

Pneumatic cut-off saws work pretty well UW(especially fresh), but they go through AL80s pretty quickly(less than 10min wide open). They'd probably work well enough to cut the faux caves down to sizeable chunks with enough time and gas.

Got 200#s of lift that I can bring along with me this year :)

How cheap is the grass on the side of the hill? Truck + chain = drag whatever out the basin, but you'll want to get a couple pallettes of grass to patch up the damaged grounds. Surely cheaper than that crane!

Pneumatic cut-off saws work pretty well UW(especially fresh), but they go through AL80s pretty quickly(less than 10min wide open). They'd probably work well enough to cut the faux caves down to sizeable chunks with enough time and gas.

you're reading my mind. i was thinking the same thing earlier....

except use a chain/cable to winch it onto a flatbed trailer and then pull it over to the other side of property and dump. you can always lower the tail of the flatbed into the water if the banks aren't too steep. still might require some new sod, but cheaper than the crane option.

lord knows there are enough folks in that area of the country with 4x4 trucks and chains :rofl3:

cut bigger piece in half with cut-off saws like you said (as needed)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom