Reflections on Vortex Springs with Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey shane... when we all come down for Spring Springfest, we need to schedule a 'show-n-tell' tour of the new compressor setup.

Kudos to you Shane. Vortoberfest last year was my first time there and I'm back for Springfest AND Vortoberfest IV. Your heart and effort are in the right place and I'm sure it will pay off in the longrun for yourself and the dive community.
Ditto on the show and tell!
icon14.gif

Nice. I dont know if I can wait until Spring to hit Vortex again. May have to tag along with Rick and Toms group one weekend.

Nice. I dont know if I can wait until Spring to hit Vortex again. May have to tag along with Rick and Toms group one weekend.
March 1st is our next one, officially, though we may sneak down in a week or two as well... :D
Rick

I used to dive there before some of you were born. It used to be very nice and then slowly it became a junk place and all that other junk they threw in the basin detracted more and more from the diving there until I finally decided to never go back. If they clean it up, make it more natural looking, get some of the stupid stuff out of the basin it may be a nice place to go again just for a fun dip and camping etc. Hope he does well, good luck to him.

N

To hear Doc tell the story, the basin was full of junk and the spring mostly plugged with sand when he baught it.

Woo hoo, maybe it'll be a weekend that Kevin and I can go as well. :D It'd be great to see ya again.

Actually we'll be there third weekend in February and first weekend in March. Then second weekend in March we'll head out to Bonaire (Dang it all, somebody has to do it!) and will be back at the big Vee on third weekend in April in conjuction with the SB bash.

God I hate it when I have to go diving!!

I couldn't wait until springfest so I went and got in a few dives friday,took a tour of the new compressor setup,it is very impressive.I think getting some of the junk out out of the basin would be a nice improvement and after seeing the amount of money that went into the compressor setup I dont think they will be shy about spending some more money on other improvements I see more good things to come.

I'll be down in a few weeks. Can't wait to see all the new improvements. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom