PayPal Sucks, Sides With Scammer in Hollywood, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PayPal doesn't offer buyer protection. On paper they do, but in reality they don't. That's why I quit using PayPal.

Paypal also sucks at protecting sellers. They basically just suck. The OP's experience is a perfect example. He offered a full refund and the buyer took advantage of PayPal's suckage.

I have sold a few items on PayPal and have a "positive" balance on their account. I don't even need them to send me MY money. Just let me use that credit or balance for any future Ebay purchases.... They won't even do that!

PayPal doesn't offer buyer protection. On paper they do, but in reality they don't. That's why I quit using PayPal.
They've coverd me plenty of times as both a buyer and a seller.

Maybe you're the issue...

They're not interested in what you think just facts, speak to the seller as you would your bank manager
The stuff you sent me is broken. Send pics. Where is my stuff. If they start with the stories, report them

If the case goes against you maybe it went that way for rudeness or dumbness, it is basically the same

So get on your phone give them a call talk the guy through it all like he was your priest then resolve it

So instead of a heap of yesterdays
you may get your tomorrows back

They're not a thing they're people working for a thing

Nope nope nope. Totally disagree with this. If you read the OP’s original post you’ll see he did all that to no avail, as have I in other situations. Either their internal policies mandate inflexibility or they are incompetent, or both, probably both.

On the day the lost package dispute was supposed to close the buyer makes a new dispute, stating there was a scratch on the air lens. He wanted $200 refunded for the scratch. The air lens was 5 years old and and I only paid $149.00 for it new. This went on for almost a month as the buyer began to become juvenile and antagonistic in his messages to me. I asked him on three separate occasions to return the camera and I would refund his money. Finally PayPal told him to return the camera or they would close the case. The buyer posted a USPS tracking number on PayPal which was had not USPS history and then sent me a box containing beach sand. I videoed opening the box because I did not trust him. I sent all this to PayPal and today received a message that they were closing the case in favor of the buyer. He keeps the camera and gets his money back. Oh, and PayPal charged me a $15.00 dispute fee on top of that. When I reached out to PayPal they said the case was closed and I could file with the local police if I wanted to. I'm currently reaching out to the Hollywood Florida PD to see if they would even file a case.

So PayPal sucks and I will never use them again when selling anything. In all the years Ive sold gear to other divers I've never had a problem either selling buying, guess it was bound to happen.
If it went through USPS (the sand - which was fraud IMO as other party represented it as a return of your merchandise), I would make an inquiry of the Postal Inspection Service. It is likely too low of a value to launch an investigation, but if they will, an inquiry from a major, robust Federal law enforcement agency has a slight potential to shake the tree, or at least give them pause.

The great thing about paypal is you can call them and get this resolved.
HA
Good one.

As a seller i'm afraid of pay pall, they almost always side with the buyer at my expense.

Never had a problem with PP, I have bought and sold a few things. I fully realize we are only getting one side of the story but if the box of sand part is true…

HA
Good one.

As a seller i'm afraid of pay pall, they almost always side with the buyer at my expense.

Last year about this time I had someone claim something wasnt delivered to their PO box.
After the automated system refunded them I called PP and had my money back by the end of the call.

Not sure why everyone trys to argue with the email chatbot.

Last year about this time I had someone claim something wasnt delivered to their PO box.
After the automated system refunded them I called PP and had my money back by the end of the call.

Not sure why everyone trys to argue with the email chatbot.
What is your magic 800 number to reach their more reasonable folk? That would be worth a sticky.

Back
Top Bottom