PayPal Sucks, Sides With Scammer in Hollywood, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's all fine, but how do I get my money back if there is a dispute?
That's the problem with remote transactions, I know. My merchandise, my terms.
I'm not so hard up to sell anything that it's worth the risk to me.

If you're depositing $ into my bank account, you realize the bank has my SSN, address, ID, etc. If there's a case of actual fraud, which there wouldn't be, then you go to the cops. They investigate/prosecute crimes. They can find me real easy with the info the bank has. If it's buyers remorse, that's nobody's problem but yours.

If it's a USPO Money Order, they write my Drivers License # on the back when they cash it. If I deposit it, my bank account # is on the back. A DL number is a "federal ID" number now with the Real ID Act. Once again, cops can find me real fast if there;s an actual crime. What ID do you get with PayPal? A "user name". Good luck finding someone in the USA with a "user name".

Remote transactions are difficult. It's like a Mexican standoff. One party has to assume more risk than the other. I'm not a desperate hard-up seller, so my policy is "my merchandise, my terms", or go shop eleswhere. I learned that the hard way. See post #37.

I don't really think there's a 100% safe transaction method for both parties in any transaction other than face-to-face. Con men can smell a desperate seller a mile away and they come running.

~Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom