Reef Sweep and Beach Cleanup June 12 '04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

**This was moved here from another thread by Scuba_Jenny at my request**

I guess I'm the first to make a weekend report.......It was an absolute great time. Meeting everyone at the pier was real neat and getting out and doing the clean-up involved a little hard work but I think everyone really enjoyed it. The after dive party back at the Vilmar Hotel was a great success. There was plenty of Food, Beer and Fun had by all. CBulla was the chef and turned out some great hotdogs and hamburgers. I know that there are more than a few pictures that may show up here on the boards, and Probably some of those pics could be worth a LOT of money :eyebrow:

Anyway, Jenny guided myself, CBulla, KBulla, and NovaFury on a night dive out to the reefs off of I believe 8th street and it was wonderful. Have never done a night dive except the galaxie ones at Ginnies a coule of times. Here's a little helpful hint though if you ever go on a night dive with KBulla.....DO NOT try and touch her light :11: I almost pulled back a nub!!!!! I let her explain the incident in a later post.

It was GREAT meeting and diving with everyone, the next trip should be to Venice for some teeth...

Wildbill:cop_2:

I wanted to thank everyone for sharing some of their stories and experience with me and of course some pointers,since this was my first official SB function, I enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next one.

By the way did anyone get a picture or 3 of those snook, My parents can't believe that there were so many on one location.

It was nice meeting everyone or those that I did meet.

novafury:
By the way did anyone get a picture or 3 of those snook, My parents can't believe that there were so many on one location.It was nice meeting everyone or those that I did meet.

It was nice meeting you too.. those snooks, it was more like 100....at least where i was..

Oh wildbill, now that I know it was you, thank you for helping me load up the bucket on Sat. :wink:

CBulla:
Thanks for the grill kudos Mark.. anytime, I love to grill cook! How about those SALSABURGERS!

I missed salsaburgers :11:

Paul

CBulla:
:I love to grill cook! How about those SALSABURGERS!

Your welcome, it was my pleasure mixing it up! I like grilling too, this time it was your turn :crafty: !
Really Bulla, you and your wife were great hosts,THANK YOU!

Let's not forget to mention Rebecca and Chris for bringing the beef and all those other goodies. Krista, for making that GREAT SALSA! :dazzler1: They wouldn't have been SALSA burgers without y'all.. :10:
Oh, and Grier thank you for being my buddy along with Krista you guys are the best... :wink:

It was great meeting everyone at the pier cleanup. There sure was a lot of lead down there. We definitely loaded up on the trash. Even picking trash is fun if its underwater.

I'd heard of scuba-jenny's legendary air consumption but was amazed when I was down to 500 on a 130 and she was still breathing an 80 after 140 minutes.

I'm still putting screen names with real names and faces, I need another get together to make sure I have everyone right. Just say the word.

I was diving off Datura today, I'd been down about an hour and decided to surface and see where I was in relation to Datura. Several divers were on the surface swimming backwards towards me. One of the guys was talking, I recognized the voice, it was Grier. Just another day in the scubaboard neighborhood.

It was fun, hope to do it again soon. Thanks to everyone.

Wildbill:
Here's a little helpful hint though if you ever go on a night dive with KBulla.....DO NOT try and touch her light :11: I almost pulled back a nub!!!!! I let her explain the incident in a later post.

My precious-s-s-s-s-s-s... :evil_2:

Hehehehe! Okay, okay, I was just a little possessive of my lightsource, well, your lightsource that I was borrowing. In my defense, everyone should be very proud of my working on getting over my irrational fear of water at night. My last and only night dive prior to Saturday night involved my hyperventilating and having to surface, forcing my entire advanced dive class to come with me while they all watched me trying to catch my breath for the next 5 minutes before getting it together enough to finish the dive. :blush: If anybody from that class ever reads this: Sorry about that!! Okay, back to Saturday's dive. It took me a few minutes to realize that everybody else had their lights hidden so that they could play with the really, really cool green flashy stuff that you see at night, and they were trying to get me to turn mine off, too, or at least hide mine away, too. Having the whole fear of night-water, they must have been crazy to even think for a second that I was going to be caught with my light down, so to speak. If only they new the death grip I had on that thing! My hand still feels a little sore tonight! Hehehe! Wildbill came over to my right side and kind of reached for the light. I was sure he was going to turn it off, then I wouldn't be able to find the switch to turn it back on, and I would have totally freaked. I realize now that he was just trying to cover the lense with his hand so that I could play too or at least so that they could enjoy the green light show without my light distracting from it. I hugged the light to me and yelled "No!" through my regulator loud enough that everybody in our group heard it! (Okay, now I'm typing and cracking up.) It's pretty funny now! CBulla and Wildbill finally turned the light to me so that I was blocking the light and then I got to see the cool phosphorous (spelling????). Yeah, neat stuff, but give me back my light! LOL!!!

Coming tomorrow: Men Getting Directions

~Kris

Kris you are too funny! I heard that NO loud and clear and instantly felt Sorry for Colin when you are having a bad day!
Seriously tho, you did really good and I am glad you finally figured out that its OK to turn the light on to you so you could see the phosphoresence (I know I spelled it wrong). I always thought they were like specks of sand, but after seeing them on the surface, they were more worm like...ewwyeeewww...and only one end lit up..

Scuba_Jenny:
Kris you are too funny! I heard that NO loud and clear...

The funniest part about that is I didn't even realize I had said it out loud until you guys were talking about it at the surface!! ROFL!!! oops!

~Kris

Well Kris, you did really well and for it being my first night dive, I thought you had done night dives before, LOL guess I was wrong.

Next time I will makesure I have a light of my own.
as for the Directions,,,,, Please blurr out my mug as I wasn't involved in the Help we are lost look.....

Jenny, Thanks for letting me tag along on the night dive, as Colin said he wasn't allowed to have one until he logged over 40 dives.. I was awsome, I can't wait to go again. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom