Reef Sweep and Beach Cleanup June 12 '04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I have tried to post three times about the pics and after I typed out a witty response about them I lose the wording when I try to preview the post. The last time it told me I had to many imicons(sp) the smiley things..... :06:

So, I'll try and post later.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Very good!

O.K.... How much do you want?$$$?? :eyebrow:for the pics.

Wanted to take a moment and follow up on this clean up - if anyone see's anything about the press release from Ocean Watch regarding this, please post it. Apperently its taking them some time to get the information posted to their website..

Anyhoo, I would also like to say I was mistaken about actual weight recovered last year, it was 6161 not the roughly 3000# I thought it was. Irregardless, our location alone recovered a little more than HALF of last years total weight (3209#) and 3.25 times that of the highest single site last year (Dania Beach Pier @ 986# by divers). What does that mean? It means that for a group of 18 divers from our board, and we can't forget Kayuba at the same site with their floating debris platforms, we made a difference for that little eco system near the pier and we had a really good time doing it!!

Ya'll ready for another dive like that?

Any time, Colin. Let's do another one soon!

Oh, and Renee, those are great pix!! (Hmmmm, I'd offer to buy the negatives, but they're digital....) Can't wait to dive with you again.

Glad you headache cleared up Krista.

See you guys soon...

-G

Renee, your pics were great. I wish I could have stayed for the party, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Zuzanne

Thanks! (about the photos) just wish there were more!
Ya'll be happy to know that I fixed that ghastly reg noise - amazing what a scrap of sand will do! Next dive should be nice and quiet!

Haha that sound is still haunting me in my nightmares. I coulda sworn it was my ears exploding or something. I have no idea how far you were from me but since everybody heard it that sound must have been hella loud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom