Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone use Ratio wireless transmitter? My transmitter works until I mount it on regulator (tried with 5 different regulators), then nothing happens. I updated firmware and reset the device to the factory default but it doesn`t boot when air is released from the bottle, are 100BAR enough to activate the transmitter?
What do you mean by saying it doesn't work? Do you mean the transmitter doesn't turn on (shows lights flashing)? Or do you mean it doesn't connect to computer and display pressure?

If no flashing lights, did you turn off this feature when you connected the transmitter to your laptop with the USB connector?

What do you mean by saying it doesn't work? Do you mean the transmitter doesn't turn on (shows lights flashing)? Or do you mean it doesn't connect to computer and display pressure?

If no flashing lights, did you turn off this feature when you connected the transmitter to your laptop with the USB connector?
Yes no blue light and no connection to the DC. I get blue light when connected to the PC, but not when on regulator with pressure. The transmitter shutdown normally when disconnected from PC (red light blinking).

Yes no blue light and no connection to the DC. I get blue light when connected to the PC, but not when on regulator with pressure. The transmitter shutdown normally when disconnected from PC (red light blinking).

Are sure the transmitter is fully charged?

Are sure the transmitter is fully charged?
I have charged it for few hours. I send the e-mail to ratio support and the seller, will see what, will they say about it, but I think I will need to send it back. It sucks, because I wanted to test it on a diving trip next week.

If you plug it into your PC can you configure it with Ratio Toolkit? That'll confirm that all the eletronics are working. When charging, the blue LED is on. When its fully charged the blue LED will turn off.

When put on a tank and opened up, it should do the startup LED sequence and then start flashing a colour depending on tank contents. It'll do all that without pairing to the computer.

If you plug it into your PC can you configure it with Ratio Toolkit? That'll confirm that all the eletronics are working. When charging, the blue LED is on. When its fully charged the blue LED will turn off.

When put on a tank and opened up, it should do the startup LED sequence and then start flashing a colour depending on tank contents. It'll do all that without pairing to the computer.
Yes I can configure it trough PC, this is how I upgraded firmware and reset to default. I also changed the color intensity.

The only thing that doesn't work is startup LED sequence. I didn't pair it with DC.

Contact Ratio for a replacement. My transmitter was exactly like this out of the box. They instructed me to reset it, update it etc (with no luck) and they then send me a new one (and a courier to pick up the broken one).

Does anyone use Ratio wireless transmitter? My transmitter works until I mount it on regulator (tried with 5 different regulators), then nothing happens. I updated firmware and reset the device to the factory default but it doesn`t boot when air is released from the bottle, are 100BAR enough to activate the transmitter?
Their transmitters in my experience are problematic at best. Mine doesn't work half the time, to the point Iv stopped using it. Will have to send it back to Ratio eventually when Im in Europe next

I went outside and do some testing. This time it took about 20s to acquire satellites, then I went to the garbage bin (red circle in the picture) and add waypoint. A little distance away, I choose the waypoint and activated the compass, the result you can see in the picture.
View attachment 809903

When I walked towards the garbage bin the compass changed the direction to the right and distance decreased to 9m. When I arrived at the garbage bin, the compass still showed to the right and distance increased.
So if I would navigate with the compass and gps I would get lost or walked in circle. The GPS signal read good with 3 or 4 bars out of 5. Maybe if I would have better GPS signal the results would be better. My GPS settings GPS+BDU+GAL.
I have one of these on the way now so will see how mine fairs up. But in my experience with Garmins, GPS signals can take a minute to lock on, and even the best have a few meters margin of error. Will play with the new computer when it arrives and see what kind of experience I get with it

Their transmitters in my experience are problematic at best. Mine doesn't work half the time, to the point Iv stopped using it. Will have to send it back to Ratio eventually when Im in Europe next
The replacement I received worked for about 30 dives flawlessly - not a single issue. Only during the last dive (profile below) I noticed some sporadic wrong readings. Eg at the beginning of my SS I read 40 bars or so (which was much bellow what I was expecting and would like it to be) - next sample was fine (~70bars or so). I hope this will improve/stop as I have a LoB coming in 10 days. In any way I always have an SPG too, just in case.
1699775974474.png

(For the sharp eyed of you: in Subsurface I use "Ratio iX3M 2021 GPS Easy" because this works for Bluetooth downloading in my mobile. My DC is an iX3M2).

Back
Top Bottom