Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That update hasnt carried over to all their products. Idive easy computers still cannot go beyond 1 hour

I got my Ix3m 2 GPS version few days ago, I ordered this dive computer because of the LCD size and GPS. I'm little disappointed about build in GPS, it works, but it is really slow to find satelites about 1+ minute in clear sky. Maybe I exped to much, because of the smarphone and this is normal, but for the price I expected more.
Will test it more next week wehn I go diving with it.

m little disappointed about build in GPS, it works, but it is really slow to find satelites about 1+ minute in clear sky.
This delay is when you first turn the GPS on not while navigating to the waypoint?

I got my Ix3m 2 GPS version few days ago, I ordered this dive computer because of the LCD size and GPS. I'm little disappointed about build in GPS, it works, but it is really slow to find satelites about 1+ minute in clear sky. Maybe I exped to much, because of the smarphone and this is normal, but for the price I expected more.
Will test it more next week wehn I go diving with it.

I can't wait for you to test it navigating to a waypoint on the surface. I'd like to know if it gives the bearing and distance to the waypoint while you are swimming on the surface.

Please do report back.

I went outside and do some testing. This time it took about 20s to acquire satellites, then I went to the garbage bin (red circle in the picture) and add waypoint. A little distance away, I choose the waypoint and activated the compass, the result you can see in the picture.
1699543679392.png

When I walked towards the garbage bin the compass changed the direction to the right and distance decreased to 9m. When I arrived at the garbage bin, the compass still showed to the right and distance increased.
So if I would navigate with the compass and gps I would get lost or walked in circle. The GPS signal read good with 3 or 4 bars out of 5. Maybe if I would have better GPS signal the results would be better. My GPS settings GPS+BDU+GAL.

I went outside and do some testing. This time it took about 20s to acquire satellites, then I went to the garbage bin (red circle in the picture) and add waypoint. A little distance away, I choose the waypoint and activated the compass, the result you can see in the picture.
View attachment 809903

When I walked towards the garbage bin the compass changed the direction to the right and distance decreased to 9m. When I arrived at the garbage bin, the compass still showed to the right and distance increased.
So if I would navigate with the compass and gps I would get lost or walked in circle. The GPS signal read good with 3 or 4 bars out of 5. Maybe if I would have better GPS signal the results would be better. My GPS settings GPS+BDU+GAL.
Or its a solution, looking for a problem to solve

I wouldn't expect it to get much better, especially when talking about relatively short distances. GPS is not going to get you right on top of something every time. It does a good job to get you in the vicinity. Which is probably good enough for the intended use here. Get you in the vicinity of the dive site. At least enough so that you can dive down and probably see the site.

The long time to acquire on first try is typical. It was probably off for some time, so had to start from scratch. I've seen that with many different types of units. If used recently, time to acquire is usually better.

I wouldn't expect it to get much better, especially when talking about relatively short distances. GPS is not going to get you right on top of something every time. It does a good job to get you in the vicinity. Which is probably good enough for the intended use here. Get you in the vicinity of the dive site. At least enough so that you can dive down and probably see the site.

The long time to acquire on first try is typical. It was probably off for some time, so had to start from scratch. I've seen that with many different types of units. If used recently, time to acquire is usually better.
I understand that GPS is not accurate to 1m or at least not this one, but they do advertise "state of the art GNSS" My intended use is to mark diving sites and not navigate between waypoints. The price increase over non GPS unit is not negligible either.

View attachment 809903

Do you have a GPS on your phone to compare accuracy with the iX3M 2?

Does anyone use Ratio wireless transmitter? My transmitter works until I mount it on regulator (tried with 5 different regulators), then nothing happens. I updated firmware and reset the device to the factory default but it doesn`t boot when air is released from the bottle, are 100BAR enough to activate the transmitter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom