Purchasing first regulator- what do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i bought the mk17/g250v from beaver divers and got the last one! Caught it lucky there

Congratulations on your new equipment. I am sad that the Beaver is running out of hot deals. :depressed:

... I was looking at the Scubapro MK25/ S600 since it's around $430 and I was looking at the Atomic Z2X as it's around $500...

TheBird36,

For the type of diving you mentioned, you will be doing very good with the ScubaPro MK17/G250v...it should provide many years of great performance if properly maintained. I am an Atomic guy but I recently just bought 2ea DIN MK25s/S600s from Beaver Diving and could not be any more happier with them.

~Oldbear~

TheBird36,

For the type of diving you mentioned, you will be doing very good with the ScubaPro MK17/G250v...it should provide many years of great performance if properly maintained. I am an Atomic guy but I recently just bought 2ea DIN MK25s/S600s from Beaver Diving and could not be any more happier with them.

~Oldbear~

How does your MK25/S600 compare to your atomic? Cheers

I was just about to upgrade my regs to the Atomic B2 Series, when I came across Beaver Diver's ScubaPro deals. While I do not currently own any Atomic Regulators, it seems that I own at least one of every thing else they produce ... and love them all. At some point in time I will still might purchase a B2 ot T3. I have dove with the Z2s (30+ dives) and they performed quite well...actual very well. My MK25/S600s performs equally as well. When I purchased them my intentions were to have the capability to configure for doubles...so I bought 2 ea S600s with DIN MK25s and a third Yoke MK25 instead of a DIN/Yoke adapter. I am toying with the idea to keeping the S600s on a long/short hose configuration on a DIN 1st stage and set up an Atomic long/short hose configuration on a Yoke 1st stage.

But at some point I might be over spending my money...:hm:

Well since I have you all here what would be a good octo? I'm not looking to spend a dime and a dozen on it I found a zeagle envoy for $139 but i'd have to drive a bit to have it serviced. You guys know my situation already so if i can get any recommendations. I don't have a bc to attach the inflator octo to.

How does your MK25/S600 compare to your atomic? Cheers

I just bought a B2...let me get back with you on this one :)

---------- Post added March 14th, 2013 at 07:36 AM ----------

Well since I have you all here what would be a good octo? I'm not looking to spend a dime and a dozen on it I found a zeagle envoy for $139 but i'd have to drive a bit to have it serviced. You guys know my situation already so if i can get any recommendations. I don't have a bc to attach the inflator octo to.

I always go with the same regulator that I use as my primary...then I practice breathing off both when I dive. I also use the long hose / short hose with necklace configuration when I dive for myself; but I use the 36" dual hose configuration when in the class environment as that this is what most students will use.

I just bought a B2...let me get back with you on this one :)

---------- Post added March 14th, 2013 at 07:36 AM ----------

I always go with the same regulator that I use as my primary...then I practice breathing off both when I dive. I also use the long hose / short hose with necklace configuration when I dive for myself; but I use the 36" dual hose configuration when in the class environment as that this is what most students will use.

Cool, please do. I just yesterday bought a Z2, last week scored a very cheap new MK25 and am in the process of procuring some G260s but am getting a little guilty at the expenditure and am starting to have second thoughts on the scubapro. I dive Apeks so have no real need for two piston regs if performance is the same, damn my compulsive spending lol....

Cool, please do. I just yesterday bought a Z2, last week scored a very cheap new MK25 and am in the process of procuring some G260s but am getting a little guilty at the expenditure and am starting to have second thoughts on the scubapro. I dive Apeks so have no real need for two piston regs if performance is the same, damn my compulsive spending lol....

I will try and hit the water next week :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom