Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuby Dooby:
It's run (or at leat was) by a French guy named Didier. Nice guy, but hold onto your wife with him around :wink:

i expected that at the very least, what a sleezeball!

Scuby Dooby:
I was at White Beach during XMAS a couple years ago and Pacific Divers was the only shop operating. It's run (or at leat was) by a French guy named Didier. Nice guy, but hold onto your wife with him around :wink:

Oh. . . but im by myself . . . :11: Is this the guy Iris was probably mentioning about . . "DEE DEE" ?

Hi, I'm thinking of diving in Puerto Galera in March. I've heard the diving there is great. What's the nite life like? I was thinking about staying at the Atlantis Beach Resort. Anyone familiar with the area?

Hi Wilson, welcome to the PPD!!!

I enjoy the night life in Sabang. I've heard nothing but good things about Atlantis. Go to PG and you'll have a good time (diving and SI wise). Search the forum some more cause we've had more than one conversation about atlantis dive resort and PG in general.

Happy travelling!

Iris,

could be the same guy, sounds like an easy nickname for didier, just in case you are tempted by this nice, handsome guy . . . keep in mind that last I knew he was married :wink: (wife is living overseas somewhere, i think australia???) Just an FYI :)

In PG go to SABANG INN. It is German run resort with a good family atmosphere. You can do your diving and then your "business" and no one cares. Professional and safe is always good. Tell Gunter or Ralf that I sent you and you'll get a good deal. Always keep 50 bar.

wilsoncs3980:
Hi, I'm thinking of diving in Puerto Galera in March. I've heard the diving there is great. What's the nite life like? I was thinking about staying at the Atlantis Beach Resort. Anyone familiar with the area?

If you like wading in the beach, don't stay in sabang. Stay in either small or big la laguna. I've just walked past sabang beach and the water is gray :11: and I see a lot of what looks like runoff channels from sabang town. As for night life, I haven't done much looking around but so far I've seen mostly restaurants, bars, and the "discos" :14: .

midwestdvr

Dang. . . im back in Manila . . . take me back to the BEACCCHHH!!

Ok . . Puerto Galera was . . . mm mm . . love it . . .

When I got down on the Galera shore, I immediately saw the Pacific Divers Dive Shop and found an Inn beside it which was pretty cheap hehe.

I didn't meet that Divemaster you told me about Iris, Dee dee coz he wasn't there, instead I met John Mullegan, who's also their resident DM. Well what do you know, he did allow me to go down to Hibo reef at 36meters! And that was my first time to see 2 stonefishes which are color-camouflaged to green and purple, really cool! And also a first time to see a moray eel, hiding inside a small coral hole. Regarding the price, very big difference, I guess because I brought my own stuff except for my BCD, weights and regulator. I was with 2 other foreign divers, Dorothy, who's also a DM, diving there every weekend, and Michael just a visitor from HK.

Galera seem to have a lot of gay waitresses in their restaurant bars, haha . . . But honestly, they were really entertaining . . I just don't know with the guys hehe.

Oh Iris, Galera tyo minsan . . . nakakapagod lang biyahe. HAAAAY.

regarding gay waitresses...

it's a pecularity of white beach... the whole place transforms when the sun goes down... all of a sudden the denizens of the deep (and i don't mean morays or whatnots) come out of the woodwork and serve beers and prey on hapless young boys...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom