Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im bringing my snorkle bag with me, fins, mask, booties, snorkle, (in case i wanna snorkle lang) gloves and wetsuit. all else rent! Im following ur footsteps Iris . . . seems like it's just gonna be me!! :eek: Hopefully I get a good deal . . . grabe bigat ng dala ko nito lol.

...and your shades, sunblock, sarong, waterproof make-up... :wink:

Hello all, I am new to this site and I have more than a few questions about the Puerto Galera Philippines. We are going to leave Nov. 04, and will return to California Nov. 13, the strong current has me a little concerned. Especially since I just read that it almost ripped off your mask. I would also like to know more about what it is going to be like topside?? I am going with a group of people (my husband and brother in-law included) I have already warned them after the 17 hour flight that I may turn into medusa. I am excited but I also want to be knowledgable regarding both below and above the water. We are staying at the Atlantis Dive Resort. If anyone has any advise for me please let me know.
Thanks So Much Susan
P.S. Any hazards I should be on the look out for?? After all this is my first visit to the Philippines :

susdoug:
P.S. Any hazards I should be on the look out for?? After all this is my first visit to the Philippines :

Ya:
* If you're prone to getting boat sickness, stay at the back of the boat when going to PG. It's the least bumpiest.
* Always have change if you'll be riding public transport (ie taxi) because they will most likely not have change for that P500 of yours.
* Don't leave your things unattended on the beach. The dogs also like to take stuff.
* Don't pet the dogs
* Don't pet the bomb inspector's dog
* Don't run past the bomb inspector's dog or else they WILL chase after you
* watch out for the aswangs and girls in a white gown. They're pretty scary.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

Glad you chose the philippines! Have fun and hope you enjoy your stay!

ishbaby:
marami namang dive shops along white beach that i can just ask for one or two boat dives rite?

I believe there is only one dive operator at white beach. Im not sure though

Axua:
I believe there is only one dive operator at white beach. Im not sure though

Ya, I recall seeing two only (the main one in the middle and another on the very end of the beach). But I can get ditszy sometimes so don't count my word for it.

ahh . . I guess one of those is where Iris went to. . . tried texting pero wala reply. Neway, tingnan ko na lang once there. thanks guys!

there's about 4 during the peak season... i was there off peak and the only one open was pacific divers (i think the name... basta "randy" is the DM) and nikita divers was semi-opened (they took my dive but didn't look like it was actively open for business)

Jag

I was at White Beach during XMAS a couple years ago and Pacific Divers was the only shop operating. It's run (or at leat was) by a French guy named Didier. Nice guy, but hold onto your wife with him around :wink:

Back
Top Bottom