Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E diba ung mga waiver sa mga dive resorts may DISCLAIMER. (it is not our responsibility chuva) haha. kung baga dive at your own RISK.

Scuby Dooby:
Axua,

They aren't all that strict . . . my 20th dive with my open water cert I went to the fishbowl . . . 140 ft. Dive shope not to be named :wink: - there is still more than a little bit of the wild wild west in PG!

Really, that is some gung-ho diving with that dive shop going to fish bowl with you on your 20th dive :wink: As I dive pro, I wouldn't take anyone down there on their 20th dive even if they were AOW certified and a believer of Euthanasia :hanged:

You are correct not all of them are strict but the shops I usually go with there are. But if anyone wants gung-ho diving I also know some shops that will do so.. :)

sorry, can't seem to find how i can edit my post...

anyhoo, galera is where i had my first dive after my checkout - alone! (not!) of course with a DM (whom i knew no history of - so it was rather lonely just the two of us). i told him i was new so he'd better not bring me somewhere i can't handle. and he brought me right beside white beach. i'm the only diver in the family so no point staying elsewhere but white beach.

waves were strong, current was not. vis was baaad. saw (vaguely) a trigger fish, a tiny manta ray (i think) who flew right away when it felt our presence, various seastars, isolated anemone with its own family of clownfish (which the cruel DM won't stop poking), my first COT, and hmmm... what else? forgot already. chip wasn't with me so no one to list down everything :D

hi,
If don't like currents. there are still alot of sites that are non-current. or managable. eg. monkey beach, sabang wreck, sinandigan wall . one advice go there on the first and last quarter of the moon. currents are managable. You can even dive the canyons on the first dive with little current. ( 8-9 am is best) my shop is the Triton. and they will let you sign a waiver. But the dive guide (DM) are really careful for their guest.
I will be there on the 29th Oct - 31th

Iris . . . baka topakin din ako at magdive mag isa dun hehe. Sayang e. . andun na rin lang ako.

my 2 (and so far only) galera dives were in white beach too! my DM was first a guy named RANDY on one end of the beach... i was alone too and we took a short boat ride to the next cove... then the next day on what was supposed to be my 2nd dive with him he instead takes a bunch of frenchmen on a 2-tanker... my ferry was leaving after lunch and i couldn't join them... sniff... ended up w/ this guy from nikita dive doing a shore entry

Jag

Back
Top Bottom