Dive Master course in Puerto Galera - Dive center reccomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone! longtime lurker

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a dive center/dive shop in Puerto Galera to do the dive master course. There seems to be so many dive shops and its quite overwhelming.

I am looking for a dive center that has daily dives and goes to different locations, I am trying to maximize the experience. Also thinking of staying for 1-2 months so trying to find a nice place to stay. Would not mind paying a bit more for accommodation if the place is nice AND where instructors/crew are knowledgable and helpful :)

I chose Puerto Galera due to the diversity of diving. I would prefer to stay in the same dive centre/resort if possible and preferably not in Sabang.

thank you all!

Both Asia Divers and Arkipelago are in Small La Laguna, much quieter than Sabang. Took AOW 15 years ago with Asia Divers and most of the instructors are still there, if that says anything. There is a bit of a drinking culture. Arkipelago is a smaller operation but the Magsinos who run it are conscientious and the equipment looks good.

We stayed in an Arkipelago apartment in March 2020, small but very functional. Can’t tell you its normal cost because our friend was managing that and we all ended up fleeing before his month was up. Dove with Asia Divers.

FT:
Both Asia Divers and Arkipelago are in Small La Laguna, much quieter than Sabang. Took AOW 15 years ago with Asia Divers and most of the instructors are still there, if that says anything. There is a bit of a drinking culture. Arkipelago is a smaller operation but the Magsinos who run it are conscientious and the equipment looks good.

We stayed in an Arkipelago apartment in March 2020, small but very functional. Can’t tell you its normal cost because our friend was managing that and we all ended up fleeing before his month was up. Dove with Asia Divers.
Thanks for the recommendation. Asia divers/Galleon is on my top choice. I will check out Arkipelago :)

Back
Top Bottom