Philippine Wildlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagerbeaver

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry it's not diving related...but we just had this bit of excitement at my house which I'd like to share...I believe it's called a Water Monitor Lizard, and it's pretty damn big by my standards!
b_203918.jpg

b_203552.jpg

Beautiful animal, shame it decided to live in my roof and walk around like a freaking elephant! PLus they apparently eat small children :no

Geeze Matt! Was he on the roof of the room out back or the main house? Big effing claws as well. I see you used the Steve Irwin method of subduing him, duct tape.

Glad Lilja is safe... :)

hmm. a few more months and it will be big enough to cook with coconut milk and chili. good eats!

As they say..."tastes like chicken".

Here I thought you were talking about all the wild parties held by the PPD and I was excited. I ran into a few of its relatives in Australia a few years ago!

I've eaten iguana here in Belize. It's not that good.

Critter Central....CRIKEY MATE! Now that is pretty cool. Matt the LIZARD TAMER!

I had a memorable surface interval watching the local kids chase one of those around the beach. They are fast! They finally herded it up a tree and after a hour or so managed to snare it. I assume it was barbequed and eaten, quite possibly with a Tanduay marinade:D. Not something to tangle with, thems some wicked claws...

...duck tape, the universal problem solver.

Back
Top Bottom