Trip Report Diving with Atmosphere Resort | Philippines | 4K HDR Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any magnifying glass should work under water. Magnification will not be as high as claimed, but even 1.5 X or 2 X will do the work.
For several years my wife had a cheap one from Amazon. It worked well.

View attachment 855499

During the last trip the glass got lost, and we asked for the resort to order the following heavy duty from their local internet store:

View attachment 855501

Some divers had big and heavy magnifying glasses.

Hope the above is of help.

Val
I bought the same ones but with a hole predrilled so I could attach it to my BCD. They're cheap and easily replaceable. You want a glass lens, not plastic. I recommend detaching it during surface intervals if you have dive staff help change out your gear or clean your gear at the end of the day. I left mine attached and didn't realize the glass was missing until mid-dive. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my eyes, noticed there was no glass, motioned to my buddy, stuck my hand through the hole and wiggled my hand, and she nearly spit out her regulator laughing. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom