Philippine Wildlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm. a few more months and it will be big enough to cook with coconut milk and chili. good eats!

You're right jigo. I just showed our maid and she said it's called Bayawak and it's delicious! And just like Chewie mentioned, she said it does taste like chicken...

great stuff... you got some brave guys there. Usually this Lizards scare the Sh#$% out of the locals.
talking about that, I worked in my garden yesterday and found some Killer-Spiders from space and I have a total phobia when it comes to spiders...

Attachments

• spider1.jpg
    spider1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 33
  • spider4.jpg
    spider4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 33
  • spider4.2.jpg
    spider4.2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 31
@Dennis: there are some restaurants in angono (Exotic) that serve bayawak if you want to try it.

@Rudi: you should ask the local kids to show you how they get spiders to fight with each other mano-a-mano. its a traditional pastime and i heard people bet on spiders when there are no cockfights in negros.

yeah, matt. where's the lizard now? and did you give it name? :D if not, can i call it duck?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom