Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally have only come across two peaves so far:

1) Divers bumping into me every 3 seconds. Its like that kid kicking the back of your seat in a plane or something, I mean come on all of this space and you have to keep one foot away from me? MOVE

2)Friends that refuse to try diving with statements like "dude, did you see Open Water?"

1) Perfectly good divers who think it is ok to trash a coral head if there is a lobster under it and who forget to monitor their air (it's ok to go under 500 if you're sure its a keeper!)

2) Divers who think newbies and tourist divers don't have a place out there. Yeah they can be annoying or unsafe but there is a good opportunity to encourage and instruct.

Women divers putting on makeup while diving

"Ill equipped for the dive".

Basically things like lacking proper surface identification aids, lack of a proper torch on a known dark dive, lack of redundacy for a dive that would require it and so on.

My other issue is those physically incapable. Ive seen a LOT of people who i wouldnt class physically fit for the dive. Self cert medical forms mean they get through the net. Ive seen a lot of people in a bad way after a dive due to their lack of physical fitness.
You dont have to be "fit" to dive but you DO have to have a minimum level.

People that go on vacation and do a questionable dive profile then come back a week later and post here asking Dr. Deco if they should be worried.

Joe

Sideband:
People that go on vacation and do a questionable dive profile then come back a week later and post here asking Dr. Deco if they should be worried.

Joe

HAHAHAHA on that note, good night! I love that one the best!

1. Having not skills or control
2. Deviation from the dive plan.
3. Carrying every gadget possible dangeling it off you

Used to be two, now its three:
1) buoyancy control skills - can't do a safety stop without a death grip on an ascent line.
2) octo and guages dragging across the bottom
new #3
3) people who go boat diving and don't leave someone on the boat

people who post "i dislike/ hate this type or that type of diver" as if they never were a noob or had a problem underwater ever...

people who think that they're dive conditions are the norm all over the world and thus means that their standards should be what is practiced by other people...

Jag

shugar:
people who post "i dislike/ hate this type or that type of diver" as if they never were a noob or had a problem underwater ever...
So true , we all had so start somewhere. I know i didnt start off as the greating diver and i'm nowhere close to being there.

Oh ya i forgot one , people with improperly adjusted (loose) gear . Been there dont that , got taught really quik buy the more advanced divers on that one. Now i help out the newer divers the same way.

Back
Top Bottom