Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
people who think that they're dive conditions are the norm all over the world and thus means that their standards should be what is practiced by other people...

Jag

I love this one.

I have 2 pet peeves:
1/ Divers who are too close-minded to improve/have a know-it-all attitude
2/ Divers who are too scornful of anyone less experienced/skilled than themselves.

Very few beginner divers piss me off - most of them are willing to improve and generally come out from dives so happy that it reminds me why I got into this profession in the first place. The irritating ones tend to be semi-experienced divers - a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Vandit

divers who complain about novice divers diving beyond thier comfort or skill level who then turn around and exert huge amounts of peer pressure on the aforementioned novice diver to dive beyond thier skill and comfort level...you are asking for trouble!

you know who you are! :no :mad: :28:

I can't think of a 2nd one, :blush: I'm just a novice diver :bounce:

Hey, we're getting into behavior/attitude peeves here (it deserves a thread of its own).

Another couple:

Divers who leave gear strewn all over the boat for you to trip over.

DMs that that don't throw out tag lines so you can safely remove your fins before touching the bucking ladder.

Wow...this is a very educational thread. As a novice diver, (~25 dives), I appreciate the great info. Every time I visit the board, I learn something new. Keep 'em coming folks!

1. Those who believe that don't touch the reef means everyone but them

2. Dangling console/octo etc.

Good thread, leaned something - would not have considered that surge would suck you through a porthole. Could easily be me sticking my face in it. Of course it would, but don't dive heavy surge much (only once so far - fun ride) so didn't think about it and probably wouldn't until too late.

redhatmama:
Hey, we're getting into behavior/attitude peeves here (it deserves a thread of its own).

Another couple:

Divers who leave gear strewn all over the boat for you to trip over.

DMs that that don't throw out tag lines so you can safely remove your fins before touching the bucking ladder.

thanks! I am guilty as charged on gear all over the place!

Those who think their way is the best, safest and only way.

rmannix:
Women divers putting on makeup while diving

Gee, even Sephora mascara doesn't work applying it under water. I would like to see that. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom