Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redhatmama:
Gee, even Sephora mascara doesn't work applying it under water. I would like to see that. :D

guilty again.

People who complain about other divers but never do anything to help them get better. They just come back to forums to complain about how the noobs were horrible. If you have the knowledge but don't pass it on you aren't helping anyone including yourself. Most of the time someone is doing something is because they don't know any other way.

cooleyjb:
People who complain about other divers but never do anything to help them get better. They just come back to forums to complain about how the noobs were horrible. If you have the knowledge but don't pass it on you aren't helping anyone including yourself. Most of the time someone is doing something is because they don't know any other way.

So far, that might be the real message of this thread.

catherine96821:
So far, that might be the real message of this thread.

How do you help someone without offending them? I've tried to help people when they have shown an interest in something or made a whine about a diving issue. I don't think I could "suggest" something to another diver who had made no indication that he/she wanted help.

I want to see a photo of underwater mascara application. :wink:

redhatmama:
How do you help someone without offending them? I've tried to help people when they have shown an interest in something or made a whine about a diving issue. I don't think I could "suggest" something to another diver who had made no indication that he/she wanted help.

I want to see a photo of underwater mascara application. :wink:

well, i listen. I got a clue on a couple of yours....I dive ok but am a pain on the boat.

Like many others........and no, I don't necessarily think these are always related.

THE EYES!!!!! (Love the new Avatar)

Ok, back on subject....

1. People who go on advanced dives by overstating their abilities and bringing the whole group to a standstill or better yet, raise the anxiety level of everyone when they discover the real truth at the wrong time....at the dive site. Item #2 below can apply but sometimes it just doesn't.

2. As above, people who complain and ***** about new divers instead of just taking a few minutes to help them. More new divers equals more cool equipment in the future and more dive ops to choose from and keeps the cost down for all of us. I love new divers even if I have to take up my time to help them. So...l.quit your *****in if you haven't tried to help them.

3. People who just don't care about the damage they do by grabbing onto and dragging across the reef even when they know this isn't acceptable. But yes, Item #2 can still apply here if they just don't know and more often than not they really don't.

1 People who think a dive to just practice skills is a waste of time.

2 Buddies who don't understand what the purpose of a buddy is.

3 People who think that novice divers have no good advice to offer. A lot of advanced divers have forgotten the issues that beginners have. Sometimes you can learn much from people that know less than you.

Back
Top Bottom