Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y:
1c. People who take there fins off in big seas before they even have hold of the ladder
2c. People who "hang out" under the ladder while someone else is getting on the boat.

1. good one! people who look down to remove their fins and make me watch the stern come crashing down three inches from their skull. can't believe it has not happened yet. Do we dive on the same charters? hey...I think I know you.

2. Lethargic Dive guides with hangovers you can smell Really, I hate that. If you aren't working, I don't care.

1.) people who don't listen to the boat captain when they say to make sure each buddy team has to have a safety marker/sausage

2.) people who don't listen to the boat captain when he says "take the line all the way down and take the line up to the tag line- then they drift away because they think they are the best divers (they are usually the one's who don't have a safety marker)

Yes Catherine, this has happened on Alex's boat numerous times. We just watch them drift further and further until everyone else is on the boat.

1) When I do something stupid or less than up to my standard when I should know better.

2) Divers who post things they don't like about other divers, but forget to look at themselves first.

Someone PM me when my name comes up here ok? :silly:

Rick Inman:
1) When I do something stupid or less than up to my standard when I should know better.

2) Divers who post things they don't like about other divers, but forget to look at themselves first.

Good point. #1, like what, Rick?

1. captains that hook me fishing while we are diving (the other day)
2. heli divers who wear their tanks too high (just learned that in MOF)
3. One more: forgeting to switch my Suunto to .21 after a Nitrox dive!!! and doing air on the shallow #2

ch0ppersrule:
1.) people who don't listen to the boat captain when they say to make sure each buddy team has to have a safety marker/sausage

2.) people who don't listen to the boat captain when he says "take the line all the way down and take the line up to the tag line- then they drift away because they think they are the best divers (they are usually the one's who don't have a safety marker)

Both of these actually happened to me on the same dive on New Year's day. Luckily there wasn't a strong current. It was certainly not one of my finest moments.

- Divers that don't listen to the DM, boat capt or dive brief and take off their fins at the ladder and get mad when the DM pushes them away right before the boat crashes their skull.

- Divers that have no awareness of those around them and regularly crash into other divers.

catherine96821:
Good point. #1, like what, Rick?
* Hike down to the site, jump in off the pier and forgot my weight belt.

* Argon hose routed in the way of left hip D ring, and with over-thick cold-water gloves, struggle every time clipping SPG.

* Leave on bungee cord that holds kit up in truck, don kit and get rubber-banded back down onto truck bed (you had to be there).

* Buddy stops swimming and spits out reg, and I just hang there waiting for the OOA signal to donate reg, and finally realize it ain't coming. Takes me about 5 seconds too long to hand-off primary.

These examples all took place this January. Thanks for reminding me... :D

1. Large groups diving together.
2. Almost any warm water DM or Instructor.

being a little more serious...

1. poor buoyancy skills
2. poor gas management (and almost any warm water DM or Instructor)

gcbryan:
2. Almost any warm water DM or Instructor.
Is it just jealousy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom