Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No pet peeves, everyone I've ever seen diving, especially in cozumel, is a perfect diver in every regard, even the ones with 5 dives and a $2000 camera rig who bump me and kick me in the face whenever I stop to look at something. I should know that it's only fair that after spending that much money on gear, they: 1) don't have to practice buoyancy because the $800 BC does that for them, and 2) have all rights to be in any position or location on the reef they want; they've paid for it!

In all seriousness, as a relatively novice diver myself, I have a lot more fun when I don't let the behavior of even less experienced or skilled divers ruffle my feathers.

divers who do a bumper car imitation during dives

divers intent on kicking up more silt than I thought was possible

1c. People who take there fins off in big seas before they even have hold of the ladder
2c. People who "hang out" under the ladder while someone else is getting on the boat.

Divers, including instructors and DM's, who have no idea how to properly use a tank strap.

Divers who never take off their weight belt. Makes me want to push them overboard to see how they react.

1. Diving with somebody who doesn't want to do a buddy check, or has to have their arm twisted to do it (even some instructors!)

2. Octos and gauges not secured.

To add to the octos and gauges not secured... how about dive magazines showing people with dragging octos and gauges (not in a negative light)

1. Snorkel/Mask Police

2. Divers who try to rearrange my gear so I can reach the valve on a singles rig that there is no reason or need to reach the valve and most of whom learned to dive last month.

3. PadI Instructors with three actual dives attempting to babysit me. (oops, I broke the rules, but I am a rule breaker!)

N

My pet peeve is if I find myself exhibiting any of the safety no-no's posted previously.

Maybe one day I'll be half the diver I'd like to be...

1) Diveboats not doing a roll call after a dive, just a headcount.

2) Divers with 10 -15 dives but are AOW certified and so they think they are oh so highly qualified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom