Pet safety peeves--no debating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y:
Can we name people?

I would like to say yes but... ask Catherine! :D

Actually this helps get alot off my chest...

1a. "Cattle boats that show up on a wreck when there is already 2 or more small boats there to "unload" 15+ more divers onto the wreck.

2a. Dive shop employees who don't know what they are talking about.

Oops... sorry, I thought it was scuba pet peeves... never mind

Divers who descend on top of you when you are stopped and looking at something because they don't know how or are too lazy to fin against the current and get behind/beside you.

Divers who grab sponges or coral to stop themselves in a current.

Photographers who pay no attention to other divers and are quite prepared to crash into or otherwise molest people while trying to get 'their' shot.

Divers who deliberately molest aquatic creatures - example:stressing puffer fish to make them blow up

People that wander away from there group and end up with another and don't even know it.
People that are unfamiliar with there gear and won't take a hint or a refresher class.
Case in point, rental gear with an AIR on it....Uh oh, here comes the AIR bashing!

I thought it was the divers who are diving with the photographers who aren't looking at the photographers taking pictures, thus crashing into them.

Divers who dive on cattle boats with large groups of divers, who then whine on Scubaboard about their experiences diving on cattle boats with large groups of divers.

:D

Grossly overweight with fat or lead.

Diving well beyond their comfort zone.

People who use pony bottles to extend their bottom time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom