October 27 and 28th camp dive weekend windy point interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like Scubaboard is pretty quiet tonight. Is there a good movie on that I am missing????????

Bill It's good to hear you will be back for the weekend. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Shawn O'Shea

Thanks for organizing this, Shawn. We have had some good events this summer!

Shawn do you have a list of the dives indicating an interest and the day/s they will be at Travis?? :)

Shawn do you have a list of the dives indicating an interest and the day/s they will be at Travis?? :)

Hi there,

Everything is subject to change when people arrive, but the current line up looks something like this:

Friday night:
Night diving

Saturday:
morning diving
afternoon underwater poker run
more diving
Saturday evening with Scubaland Pumpkin Carving
Saturday night diving

Sunday:
Dive to your hearts content

Friday night with people showing up at different times, we will get buddy teams going based on skills and divers desires to night dive the area

Saturday morning informally meet with everyone and see who is going to play the underwater poker game later, confirm a good start time for the players, and get the course set up. Make sure everyone who wants a dive buddy gets a dive buddy. See what other diving interests the divers whos show up may want to do, like practice lift bag deployment, guide reel practice etc...........................

Eat, drink and dive some more, for anyone who wants to participate in the pumpkin carving we will do that around Scubalands staff schedule Saturday night.

More night diving enjoyment for the group. Could do a hide and seek excersise.

Eat, drink and dive some more.......... When I say drink I mean water, sports drinks, hydrate the body for more diving.

If the divers want to plan a more formal schedule, please let me know. But I am leaning towards doing the final planning around the picnic tables, so that everyone is paired up per desire and skill. Make sense?

If the divers want to plan a more formal schedule, please let me know. But I am leaning towards doing the final planning around the picnic tables, so that everyone is paired up per desire and skill. Make sense?

Man, I think that's plenty formal for a schedule...definitely as organized as anything else we've done this summer. Nice job! :)

Looks like the low temps are inching up for the weekend...which makes me happy anyway...I'm a wuss when it comes to cold. Just don't like it. :shakehead:

Also, I brought back a bunch of firewood from the Piney Woods of East Texas this weekend, so we should be set for Friday night at least.

Last thing...my Trimix class was rescheduled so I have the whole weekend to dive as I will and won't have to worry about running off to do my certifying dives Sat and Sunday morning. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom