October 27 and 28th camp dive weekend windy point interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Donna! Noticed you are going to WP this weekend. Do you meet with this group often at Travis to go diving? I'd like to go sometime.... (I'm in the DFW area)
(catsrule) Barbara

Come on down! We'd love to have you join us this weekend. There's going to be plenty to do besides your standard diving...underwater pumpkin carving...Shawn is putting together an underwater poker run. There be plenty of real nice folks too...some with lots of training and experience, some with less...all with plenty of personality. It's a guaranteed good time. :)

John arrived and has been busy grabbing the campsite area and setting up tents and the BIG TEXAS FLAG landmark :D

I wanted to remind everyone they are welcome to join us anytime this weekend. We would like to see them at Windy Point and hopefully Dive together.

I will be leaving work shortly to head out to Windy point myself.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it this weekend.

COME ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call with any questions,
Shawn O'Shea
512-968-8278

See you there.... :D

Just got in from Lake Travis a bit ago.....had to sit in traffic for 45 minutes on I35W just 12 miles from home as a result of a bad accident far ahead in traffic--gee.

Had a nice day in Austin and was lucky to see and visit with k-valve and Joanna.Cordry....both were busy setting up camp sites for the weekend (note-- K-valve had a 'MASH' type set-up...he told me he had to run for a late afternoon meeting, but I think it was just to retrieve more stuff!.......and Joanna.Cordry's bio must be wrong.....she can't be any older than in her early 30's!).

I made 2 trimix dives and enjoyed them both....vis was good and the lake was smooth....both at 158 & 145ffw the temp is STILL 78f!

Hope everyone has a wonderful time....sorry I missed meeting a few more of you Swampers.

:wink:

Had a nice day in Austin and was lucky to see and visit with k-valve and Joanna.Cordry....both were busy setting up camp sites for the weekend (note-- K-valve had a 'MASH' type set-up...he told me he had to run for a late afternoon meeting, but I think it was just to retrieve more stuff!

Ha! Yep, I was prepared for the weekend alright! :D Truth is I did have a meeting...although a LP121 I ordered arrived Friday late. I picked that bad boy up Saturday, but didn't get a chance to dive it!

What a great weekend! It was great seeing Alan...wish we could've dived together. Next time, bud, next time. It was cool meeting some new folks...Joanna, Jerry, Neal, Kim...and several others whose names I'm forgetting right now. It was nice diving with Kerry, John L, Brandon, Kim, Shawn, Bill, Brian, and doing a little solo diving here and there. :wink:

We did find the elusive scoreboard. For those of you interested in locating it go over to the public side of WP, right at the point. Look out across the lake a bearing of about 25 degrees. You'll see a swim area buoy and a boat house on the other side of the lake with a green roof. Submerge and head in the vicinity of the buoy and boathouse. When you hit 75' take a left and stay at that depth. Eventually you'll pass under a rope that is running perpendicular to your heading. At that point start looking for a cable that is running parallel to your heading. Once you find the cable follow it and it will take you right to the scoreboard, the top of which is around 72'.

We found all kinds of other stuff too...an old finger spool, a snorkel, a pretty nice pair of sunglasses and one of the LCRA swim area buoys that sunk during the flooding. I carted that thing to the shore and left it there for Richard or whoever might want it. The rest is me own personal treasure (pirate accent required)!:D

Travis water temps are still awesome! Surface temps ranged in the upper seventies. Temps at max depth were consistently in the mid-seventies. I did a night dive to 165'. The temp at that depth was 73 degrees. Not bad...the water temp was warmer than the air temp for most of the morning and night!

Thanks for organizing the weekend, Shawn. I think everyone had a great time!! Sorry to have to kick your @$$ in the underwater pumpkin carving (NOT!!!)...but I told you I would and a good Texan always keeps their promises!! :D

Yes, the weekend campout was a blast; some great diving, good company, perfect weather and some new experiences made this one to remember. Scoreboard was a real treat! I might just have to go back next weekend if the weather holds...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom