October 27 and 28th camp dive weekend windy point interested?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will check the sched and see if I can make all or part of it. I had a blast on the last weekend.

Willie

Whoever gets there first, try and get a site with a firepit...
I'll get there as early as I can...probably 5 or 6 pm on Friday night. I'll most likely try to pitch my tent over on the side near the fence on the right when you're walking toward the lake. I'll hang up my TX flag so ya'll will know where we are. Of course, there's nothing that says we all have to camp together if you don't like the spot we pick. :wink:

...and I'll bring lots of wood for late night campfire.
That's AWESOME!! Thanks!

Here's an idea...tell me what you think, Swampers. (Especially Shawn since this weekend is his brainchild.)

Since we'll be doing some fabulous Travis diving, what does everyone think about us planning some "purpose-driven" dives? Maybe we could work on navigation (my weakness!!)...or maybe search/rescue skills?

Whacha think??

I like the idea.

Let's find out who is interested in the group and what skills they want to polish up on.

Don't everyone speak up at once.

If we want to practice Navigation, we could do an underwater poker run.

Those are always good, we all donate $1 and the winner gets all.

Just a thought.

So what game are we playing? 5 card stud?

Thats probably the most realistic for the site.

Who is going to set up the decks of cards underwater and put down the compass bearing headings to retrieve these?

How many people are playing the game?

So it goes like this, the judge (diver who sets up 5 UW stations) with slates at each station leaves a deck of cards and a slate with compass heading on it underwater for the players to find pick a card and move on to the next station using the compass heading and rotate to 5 locations underwater. Back on land, we hold a poker game of 5 card stud and the winner with the best hand takes all the loot.

What we need:

1 judge (set up diver)
Divers as poker players
5 decks of cards
5 slates
5 bags to hold cards
1 small weight or rock to hold bag down at location underwater

Anybody's inputs or ideas are always welcome, so jump right in.

Wow!! That's one seriously thought out game of poker. I'm in as a player or judge...whatever. I could use polishing on any/all skills. I suppose I'm weakest at lift-bag operation and general search/recovery.

YEP, it will be a lot of FUN

This is a big Navigation test for the diver setting it up correctly, and the players who need all 5 cards to play at the end topside.

Then to recover the bags could be turned into a search session for the volunteers to get our bags and slates back. We could just dump the rock holding the bag underwater. Leave it for mother nature or something like that.

We also have pumpkin carving Saturday night - that would be underwater knife skills

We have a suggestion of an underwater costume contest - I will have to find out more about this since I am not real sure how this one plays out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom