OceanLog 2.2.1 Beta Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
2. The metric tank sizes are still a little foreign to me. For example, an 80 cu.ft. tank gets converted to a 2265 L tank (metric), even though most people would call it an 11 L tank (I think based on how many L of water it holds). Also, the program seems to require a working pressure for tanks even in metric format even though this is not necessary and the calculations I've seen for metric SAC rates have not used it

My european testimony: cylinders are mainly refered to by two figures : tank size, thats is to say inside volume (liters=cubic decimeters) and working pressure (bars=10 megaPascal).

Multiplying inside volume by working pressure will give us the surface equivalent air volume expressed in cubic meters (eg 2.2 cubic meters instead of 2265 liters) . But this is not the usual way to describe one's tank.

Typical values are ranging from 10L*200B to 12 L*230 B for leisure divers
Dive marshalls will use 15L*230 B or smaller twinned tanks.

I do agree with floater about SAC.

When it comes to computing SAC one needs to know its water capacity, pressure in, pressure out and dive parameters.
That's the way I've been taught and the way I teach now.
The working pressure is about how much I could have taken with me.
That is irrelevant. I just need to now how much I did really bring.

http://www.scijournals.org/misc/conversion.shtml
http://www.hoptechno.com/nightcrew/sante7000/convert.cfm

Can you add a feature in the next release for the older models that have to download their data into the legacy software. Can you upgrade the new Oceanlog import data feature to import only the new dives or selected dives of the legacy data into new oceanlog.

thanks

i have just purchased a VT3 and so far so good :)

The oceanlog software included, and the update 2.2.1 above have a very simple graph format with no color schemes. The review of oceanlog on scuba diving (v2.0.3) showed a graduated blue color scheme.. am i doing something wrong here?

p.s. My g/f has the scubapro smarttrack software and was laughing hysterically at me pining for her software.. help!

Have any of the software bugs been fixed yet?

I've got yet a couple more.

When I manually input dives and switch to the next dive (thus clicking "yes" when it asks if I want to save), the downloaded dive dates change to a near universal date for them all and all of the dive information is deleted or changed, but the dives remain.

When I manually input dives, then switch to the next dive (click yes for save), the placing for the manually input dives changes each time I save a new dive in manual input mode. It does not remain in order by dive number (numbers are in numerical order, but the dives get moved around) or by date.

When I manually input dives, I input the elapsed dive time in the top section. Then in the air usage section, I have to manually input the ET yet again. Since most of the other features for the air usage section auto-calculate, it would be nice if the ET was automatically transferred to this section for the auto-calculation.

Shouldn't this thread be called Oceanlog 2.1.1 software now available?

I have had an issue with my Pro Plus 2 after upgrading to 2.1.1

When trying to download my dives from the PDC it only downloaded my first and last dives. I linked up the old version and it downloaded them all in just fine. So I may rename and number inthe old software, save log, and import into the 2.1.1 version. Is this a bug? Has anybody else had this issue with the Pro Plus 2? Also RuThere feature says that 'Unit is Off' even though it's working fine.

Downloaded the latest version and everytime I try to download from the PDC I get this error message.

Run-time error '35006':
The name is not in use for a subkey or named value.

Running Windows XP as a VM on Mac OS X using the Parallels VM. Previously installed version downloaded data but had a whole series of other issues.

Shawn

I know it has been asked plenty of times before, but apparently nobody has received an answer yet.
When will the Atom 1.0 be supported by the new software?
Currently, I'm under the impression that I use a dive computer first used during the middle ages so that it has become completely obsolete not even worthy of keeping in the 'should be remembered' list, let alone the 'should be supported' list.:wink:

As I've purchased my Atom in July, I think that it's a fair question to see it supported in new software, or have I missed the obvious?

kind regards,

Lieven

I would like to know the same thing. I feel like Atom 1.0 users have been forgotten. Is anybody from Oceanic reading this thread?

David

Lievenb:
I know it has been asked plenty of times before, but apparently nobody has received an answer yet.
Currently, I'm under the impression that I use a dive computer first used during the middle ages so that it has become completely obsolete not even worthy of keeping in the 'should be remembered' list, let alone the 'should be supported' list.:wink:

As I've purchased my Atom in July, I think that it's a fair question to see it supported in new software, or have I missed the obvious?

kind regards,

Lieven

Shader:
Shouldn't this thread be called Oceanlog 2.1.1 software now available?

I have had an issue with my Pro Plus 2 after upgrading to 2.1.1

When trying to download my dives from the PDC it only downloaded my first and last dives. I linked up the old version and it downloaded them all in just fine. So I may rename and number inthe old software, save log, and import into the 2.1.1 version. Is this a bug? Has anybody else had this issue with the Pro Plus 2? Also RuThere feature says that 'Unit is Off' even though it's working fine.
I tried two different Oceanic ProPlus 2 PDC, spoke with the factory tech, as well as the sales rep, after losing many (14 out of 17) dive profiles from my week long trip to Turks and Caicos ISlands, and having severe problems with the PDC and the OceanLog software, I returned it and bought a UWATEC SmartTec.

No more problems with lost dives.

Mr. Doug Krause,
are we going to get an answer?
several people have asked this question and it seems like you're totally ignoring it.

david

Lievenb:

kind regards,

Lieven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom