OceanLog 2.2.1 Beta Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Pro Plus 2 and also had a problem downloading to Oceanlog. Girlfriend has a Versa Pro and when we down load from hers it overwrites mine, had a problem originally down loading at all. Oceanic said it was the hardware and sent us a new one. Problems still ongoing, solutions via phone & e-mail slow in coming.

My VersaPro and VT Pro both download ok, but I can NOT get the SAC to work for the VT Pro. When I then try to enter the tank size and details manually, the program totally crashes. Other than that it works ok.

My apologies - There have been continued reports in this forum regarding a wide variety of issues and/or feature enhancements that I have not been able to respond to individually, but have been documenting for our developer's review for inclusion in future revisions. The specific topic of updating the ATOM 1.0 software has been discussed since releasing the latest software revision, and again briefly moments ago in preparation for this post. Ultimately, this is not a matter of modifying the existing software to accept data from the 1.0 - it will need to continue to be it's own dedicated program. This is not impossible - but would require that much of the work that has gone into the 2.X release would need to be duplicated, modified to specifically accommodate the ATOM 1.0 and ultimately maintained and supported with future revisions. Again, not impossible, but it will require time. As someone that has had to replace 2 cell phones because I couldn't get a replacement charger, I can appreciate the need to continue supporting the software application for this product. I'll do what I can and update you as it develops.

Data:
Mr. Doug Krause,
are we going to get an answer?
several people have asked this question and it seems like you're totally ignoring it.

david

smckee:
Downloaded the latest version and everytime I try to download from the PDC I get this error message.

Run-time error '35006':
The name is not in use for a subkey or named value.

Running Windows XP as a VM on Mac OS X using the Parallels VM. Previously installed version downloaded data but had a whole series of other issues.

Shawn

I am getting the same problem, did you ever get a resolution to this or did you just go back to the old version. Seems that Oceanic could fix this if it worked before so they just need to test the program and fix the bug.

I installed the software on a PC, instead of a VM on a MAC, and it worked, for the most part. Couple of data fields didn't look right but I have been out of the water for awhile and don't remember which ones.

smckee:
I installed the software on a PC, instead of a VM on a MAC, and it worked, for the most part. Couple of data fields didn't look right but I have been out of the water for awhile and don't remember which ones.

I already knew it worked on a PC running Windows. However, I travel with a Macbook Pro and need it to run in Parallels like the older version does. The problem with the older version is that it doesn't recognize my VT3 correctly.. So, they need to fix the new version to work the way the old one did, then I'll be happy. :eyebrow:

Doug
It has been almost three years now and the Atom 1.0 problem is still there. How much longer is it going to take to get the Run-time error '35006' bug fixed?

Bgillis..I had the runtime error also..I downloaded the latest version 2.2.2 from aeris and haven't had a problem since. I have the xr2 'puter...not sure about the Atom1 but I know it worked for me...

The latest versions of Oceanlog dosen't work with the Atom 1.0 it uses an earlier version of the Oceanlog software that is available on the Oceanic website.
I happen to own both an Atom 1.0 and Atom 2.0 and haven't seen a runtime error with the earlier software. I did happen to get that type of error with the Atom 2.0 and Oceanlog 2.2.5 but was able to elimate it by changing which USB port I used to plug in the download adapter.

bgillis what you do is uninstall oceanlog then copy your backup file and your log file to a different location then you delete the oceanlog folder and the DAO350.dll and DAO360.dll file you may see one or both of those files. Then reinstall oceanlog and download your atom. Once thats done restore your backup file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom