Oceanic iPhone case is now a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that the only connection between the phone and the case is via Bluetooth. The type of charging port connector should not matter.

Is the new Oceanic+ Dive Housing going to be able to support the new
iPhone 15 that has the USB-C plug

According to Huish, the housing uses Bluetooth to connect, so USB-C vs Lightning would be irrelevant. Given that the housing is already said to support multiple brands & models, it would have to support the new 15's - which aren't that different from previous models…

I believe that the only connection between the phone and the case is via Bluetooth. The type of charging port connector should not matter.
According to Huish, the housing uses Bluetooth to connect, so USB-C vs Lightning would be irrelevant. Given that the housing is already said to support multiple brands & models, it would have to support the new 15's - which aren't that different from previous models…

Ahh I did not know that it only uses Bluetooth, but makes sense. I thought there may have been a possibility of there being a lightning/power connector since the casing has a battery too so it could power/charge the phone at the same time but now that I think further on it that does seem like it would be too much trouble.

Where have you seen a statement that it supports multiple brands? I've only seen statements of support for Apple.

I've only seen statements of support for Apple.

I was thinking of another case there. Still, there should be no problem with the iPhone 15.

My new 1Tb iPhone 15 Pro Max costs almost $2k. (Delivery tomorrow!). Not sure whether I would risk placing it in that housing. Actually I’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen. :duck:

My new 1Tb iPhone 15 Pro Max costs almost $2k. (Delivery tomorrow!). Not sure whether I would risk placing it in that housing. Actually I’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen. :duck:
$2k... that's a new BT scooter or the down payment for a Genesis. Your priorities are wrong.

$2k... that's a new BT scooter or the down payment for a Genesis. Your priorities are wrong.

Then again it’s much more than just a phone.
Judging someone else’s priorities without knowing their needs and/or what they will do with that device is what’s wrong. :wink:

Then again it’s much more than just a phone.
Judging someone else’s priorities without knowing their needs and/or what they will do with that device is what’s wrong. :wink:
Here you go buttercup

Screenshot_20230921_083917_DuckDuckGo.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom