Oceanic iPhone case is now a dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I have not been following closely. The housing is rated to 196 feet/60 meters, is the Oceanic+ app still limited to 130 feet/ 40 meters?

Thanks

The UI certainly looks a lot more polished than the Sealife Sportdiver app... (plus the whole dive computer thing)

Sorry, I have not been following closely. The housing is rated to 196 feet/60 meters, is the Oceanic+ app still limited to 130 feet/ 40 meters?

Thanks
The app is only limited to 44 meters on the Apple Watch due to the limitations of the depth sensor.

The app is only limited to 44 meters on the Apple Watch due to the limitations of the depth sensor.
So is the app still limited to 44 meters in the housing or is it deeper? I can't readily find this information.

As Oceanic says, "One app, one subscription, two devices!"

It says the maximum operational depth is 60 meters on the website under the dive computer description so I would think that is the maximum
1695659544095.png

That's easy to say when you don't travel a lot. Having my iPhone drown on a 3 week trip is less about insurance and more about not having my phone. I no longer take an iPad or PC on trips.

The video shows the housing has an electronic vacuum pump and (I think?) a leak detection system.

Does that change your mind at all?

A couple of user manuals would be helpful.

So you are wearing an Apple Watch Ultra and have the dive housing with your iPhone, both running Oceanic+. Your watch is going to poop out at 144 feet but the housing/phone is going to give you full information, NDL, deco info..., down to 196 feet?

They are running the same app, it recognizes different pressure sensors?

A couple of user manuals would be helpful.

So you are wearing an Apple Watch Ultra and have the dive housing with your iPhone, both running Oceanic+. Your watch is going to poop out at 144 feet but the housing/phone is going to give you full information, NDL, deco info..., down to 196 feet?

They are running the same app, it recognizes different pressure sensors?

I suspect the watch is running its own instance of the app, using its own pressure sensor. If not, the watch would be useless for diving without taking the housing in the water.

Nevertheless, my guess is that the apps are running from the same codebase and will both crap out after 140 (or whatever) feet. At least for telling you NDL/deco info.

Does the watch still tell you depth info deeper than 144?

What if you do not have the Oceanic+ subscription and you're just using the watch and/or housing/phone as a "bottom timer" (aka Gauge Mode)? Does it tell you depth then, when you're deeper than 144 feet?

I suspect the watch is running its own instance of the app, using its own pressure sensor. If not, the watch would be useless for diving without taking the housing in the water.

Nevertheless, my guess is that the apps are running from the same codebase and will both crap out after 140 (or whatever) feet. At least for telling you NDL/deco info.

Does the watch still tell you depth info deeper than 144?

What if you do not have the Oceanic+ subscription and you're just using the watch and/or housing/phone as a "bottom timer" (aka Gauge Mode)? Does it tell you depth then, when you're deeper than 144 feet?
The watch does not give you any depth information below 144 feet (44 meters). It will start providing depth information again once you ascend above that depth.

Back
Top Bottom