No Fossiling for Scuba_Dad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver doh:
Yea, that looked like a pretty nasty pitch on that roof.

Having had a total knee replacemnet, I really don't do roofs anymore myself, unless its a pretty moderate pitch.

I hope that everything goes well for you and that your recovery is quick.

Is this being done as day surgery?

They're planning on keeping me there overnight. So... I'm hoping to be back online Thursday... :)

Hey Al, could you ask your wife or one of the kiddies to just drop a line here and let us know your all safe and sound? Or have her call my cell phone and I'll post a report for everyone.

Good luck buddy. Hope it all goes well and your recover quickly!

baitedstorm:
Hey Al, could you ask your wife or one of the kiddies to just drop a line here and let us know your all safe and sound? Or have her call my cell phone and I'll post a report for everyone.

I'll ask Kathleen or Tamsey to either email you or call you Wednesday evening... or... if I'm coherent enough... I'll give you a call...

Al

Jeez Al,

Sorry to hear about the back. Guess that means you won't be coming out to Colorado to bash some bumps on the mogul runs with me this spring huh? Speedy recovery and I hope to be down this summer to dive you and Kathleen. Get well soon.

Ted

octotat:
Jeez Al,

Sorry to hear about the back. Guess that means you won't be coming out to Colorado to bash some bumps on the mogul runs with me this spring huh? Speedy recovery and I hope to be down this summer to dive you and Kathleen. Get well soon.

Ted

Thanks, Ted! You're right... no mogul jumping for me this spring. I just got back from the doctor's office, and it looks like it's going to be at least 6 weeks before I dive again.... maybe even 14... :crying:

Give me a call when you come down... Hopefully, I'll be diving....

Al

Hey Al
Just saw this... I hope your recovery is quick! Good luck, and lots of prayers!

Quick update for everyone. I just got off the phone with Scuba_Dad and all is well. Actually all is very well as he's lying in the hospital bed with pain med pump in hand. I think every six seconds or so he's feeling just groovy. I'll let him report all the details and findings tomorrow when he gets home. I just wanted everyone to know he was safe and doing well.

Cheers,
Vickie

gee with that report..sure you're not taking meds also???:D

baitedstorm:
Quick update for everyone. I just got off the phone with Scuba_Dad and all is well. Actually all is very well as he's lying in the hospital bed with pain med pump in hand. I think every six seconds or so he's feeling just groovy. I'll let him report all the details and findings tomorrow when he gets home. I just wanted everyone to know he was safe and doing well.

Cheers,
Vickie

Thanks for updating everyone, Vickie.

I finally got out of the hospital on Friday. I couldn't wait to get out of there after they took my morphine pump away. Yes, I was feeling real good when I called Vickie. The pump would give me another hit of morphine every 6 minutes if I wanted that much. It would limit me on how much it gave me in an hour.

The doc found a section of disk the size of a quarter floating in my spinal canal. It was a lot worse than he thought it was. The doc said he wanted to get his picture taken with it, because it was so big. He was surprised I wasn't in more pain and the fact that I still had control of my body functions.

The big thing right now is I have to take it real easy. I can't sit for more than 25 minutes at a time, and I have to really watch how I move. Absolutely no bending or twisting. I can't lift anything weighing more than 10 lbs... etc...

When can I go diving again? At least not for 6 weeks, and it could be as long as 6 months. I sure hope not.

I'd like to thank everyone for all their prayers.

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom