New sensors for Divesoft Liberty sidemount, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The oxygen cells are not a good item to save money or to make compromises. They are one of the main components which support your life. In my opinion there is only one type of cell to buy: original Divesoft cells. And if they are out of stock, I would wait for them.
I do not want to safe money on oxygen cells.
I do not want to make any compromise.
Buying "original" Divesoft cells is the safest way, no doubt. But I do not believe they are original. I guess Divesoft is buying them from Producer X, it's just relabeling. But who is producer X? Are Divegear's or Narked at 90's sensors from X as well?

If I can buy the same sensors X from anywhere else but Divesoft it's perfectly OK for me. Better than using old sensors and wait for Divesoft sensors.

I know NRC sensors are made by NRC, they are different to Divesoft sensors, so I forget about them.

But I do not have this information about other sensors, so I hope for your help.

I'm quite sure that Divesoft does not produce the cells. But since the cells are used in "life support gear" there might be a special "quality control procedure" for the cells at Divesoft. So knowing the manufacturer might not help you.
You got in touch with your instructor? Or the instructors in Germany (Manfred Führmann, Berhard Bekker,...)

I'm quite sure that Divesoft does not produce the cells. But since the cells are used in "life support gear" there might be a special "quality control procedure" for the cells at Divesoft. So knowing the manufacturer might not help you.
You got in touch with your instructor? Or the instructors in Germany (Manfred Führmann, Berhard Bekker,...)
As I already said: I asked 4 instructors, they all said they buy the sensors from Divesoft.

Manfred and Bernhard were among them. I guess as a Divesoft instructor and service partner you are not allowed to sell anything else but Divesoft sensors.

Quality control by Divesoft: I do not expect but might be. But anyway until now I got 3 faulty sensors from Divesoft within 4 years, poor quality control :-(

So you talked to four experts and now hope to get a different answer in an internet forum? :yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:
Sometimes it's not the manufacturers fault but the users.
Since your technical knowledge is obviously not very good I tend to say it's the latter.

So you talked to four experts and now hope to get a different answer in an internet forum? :yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:
Sometimes it's not the manufacturers fault but the users.
Since your technical knowledge is obviously not very good I tend to say it's the latter.
Notice he ignored your question as to who his instructor was? But renamed the two divesoft guys you brought up.
Really is fishy

So you talked to four experts and now hope to get a different answer in an internet forum?
I repeat: I guess as a Divesoft instructor and service partner you are not allowed to sell anything else but Divesoft sensors.

Yes, I do hope to get a different answer in an internet forum. Here in this forum no one ist married with Divesoft.

In all reality there is nothing "Safer" about buying from the manufacturers and quite possibly it's actually safer to buy from someone like N90 or DGX. Reason for that is with @DiveGearExpress in particular they are actually the distributor for AII cells and if you call AII as a business and try to buy from them they will direct you to their website. On "normal" cells like those used in the Divesoft that means they are having the fastest turnaround and the cells will be more "Fresh" than if you bought them from the manufacturer who goes through a lot less cells over the years. Buying from the manufacturer is a liability issue but I can promise you that Divesoft is buying from one of the manufacturers that DGX or N90 is using, there are not that many of them in existence.
The other reality is that rebreathers are nothing more than a nuisance for these manufacturers and they really don't want to deal with us because we are a righteous PITA compared to their medical customers and are frankly an irrelevant portion of their business. Divesoft is not getting any better quality control than someone like DGX or N90, the only difference is going to be the stickers that are on the cells.

Notice he ignored your question as to who his instructor was?
Of course I do. People like Grantctobin, Broncobowsher and Jens Schütte are so convinced, I did not pass any training on this unit. They are agressiv against my person, I can perfectly live with that, I don't care. But imagine I post my instructor's name, what will happen? They will accuse him for whatever.

Of course I ignore this question.

In all reality there is nothing "Safer" about buying from the manufacturers and quite possibly it's actually safer to buy from someone like N90 or DGX. Reason for that is with @DiveGearExpress in particular they are actually the distributor for AII cells and if you call AII as a business and try to buy from them they will direct you to their website. On "normal" cells like those used in the Divesoft that means they are having the fastest turnaround and the cells will be more "Fresh" than if you bought them from the manufacturer who goes through a lot less cells over the years. Buying from the manufacturer is a liability issue but I can promise you that Divesoft is buying from one of the manufacturers that DGX or N90 is using, there are not that many of them in existence.
The other reality is that rebreathers are nothing more than a nuisance for these manufacturers and they really don't want to deal with us because we are a righteous PITA compared to their medical customers and are frankly an irrelevant portion of their business. Divesoft is not getting any better quality control than someone like DGX or N90, the only difference is going to be the stickers that are on the cells.
Thank you tbone.

Until now I got no answer from DGX which cell is the best for the liberty. Do you have any recommondation?

N90 seems to have no sensors for a Liberty, at least I did not find one on the website. Any recommondations from you?

Thank you tbone.

Until now I got no answer from DGX which cell is the best for the liberty. Do you have any recommondation?

N90 seems to have no sensors for a Liberty, at least I did not find one on the website. Any recommondations from you?

Liberty uses the "Standard" R-22D sensor used in basically everything except the JJ and SF2. The "best" one in this case is the only one that N90 sells that would fit, nanm01

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom