Aqualung/Apeks pressure sensor/sender. How to see battery status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
My Divesoft Liberty uses Aqualung/Apeks pressure sensors, they send the information to Liberty's head. Originaly it used Shearwater sensors but they failed at first dive, I had to get new ones immediately, so I bought Aqualung=Apeks sensors, the work fine as Shearwater replacement. So far so good. But how do I know the battery status? I see no indicator on the sender itself. Does the sensor send the battery information in any way? Thanks for your help.

I have seen my Shearwater tell me the battery is low, but I rarely let them get to that point.

How long does battery last?

I don't know if Aqualung sensor's battery lastes as long as Shearwater's. Is there no way to see battery percentage?

The old Shearwater/Aqualung/Oceanic come off the same assembly line. If recall properly, the Oceanic manual said they should last 4x the life of the PDC battery (vt4).

Probably going to last 10x your controller battery or more. I change mine annually(ish) out of paranoia.

My Divesoft Liberty uses Aqualung/Apeks pressure sensors, they send the information to Liberty's head. Originaly it used Shearwater sensors but they failed at first dive, I had to get new ones immediately, so I bought Aqualung=Apeks sensors, the work fine as Shearwater replacement. So far so good. But how do I know the battery status? I see no indicator on the sender itself. Does the sensor send the battery information in any way? Thanks for your help.
The transmitter sends a code to Indicate its battery is good, low, or critical. Some dive computers decode that. See the document linked here: Reading Wireless Air Transmitter using Arduino

The old Shearwater/Aqualung/Oceanic come off the same assembly line. If recall properly, the Oceanic manual said they should last 4x the life of the PDC battery (vt4).

Probably going to last 10x your controller battery or more. I change mine annually(ish) out of paranoia.
The actual Shearwater and Aqualung have a completly different housing. No idea about inside.

My Aqualung sender does not send to a PDC but to rebreather's head so factor 4 does not work.

Annual replacement sounds good, I could do so. But is this enough for my application? I don't know. So still I prefere an information about battery status.

The transmitter sends a code to Indicate its battery is good, low, or critical. Some dive computers decode that. See the document linked here: Reading Wireless Air Transmitter using Arduino
Sounds good. Unfortunately I do not understand one word in the link. Sorry for that.

If transmitters is sending this code Liberty Rebreather shoult read it. So I guess I must ask Divesoft if this is the case. Like as usual Divesoft manual sais nothing about it....

Back
Top Bottom