New sensors for Divesoft Liberty sidemount, where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It appears you do care for it, no?
I am interessted in a shop.
I am not interessted in your OPINION at all.
You missunderstand me intentionally.

I am interessted in a shop.
I am not interessted in your OPINION at all.
You missunderstand me intentionally.
I misunderstand why someone not certified on a unit would be asking all of the questions you ask.

Perhaps contact your instructor? I think they’d be able to tell you from whence they source their cells.

I’m sure Matêj Fischer or Joseph Bosquez of Divesoft would also be able to help. They’ve always been great resources in the past.

I've been diving this unit for 4 years. Until now I bought my sensors from Divesoft, they don't have them on stock right now, so I ask in a forum.

What does this have to do with training? How can you insinuate I am not trained on this unit?
To mediate here: your questions have been very very basic things that most rb divers know/understand about their units including how to install/uninstall cells and differences in cell brands. When someone posts those types questions it comes off as an untrained diver looking to learn online. Not sure if that's your case. I'm leaning towards it being more of a language barrier.
Personally I could care less if you're certified or uncertified or if you kack yourself on your unit. I'm just surprised these basic questions are being asked.
BTW, pretty much every ccr divers know the names dive gear express and narced at 90. hint hint

@Agro
Not sure why you didn't just ask Divesoft all these super basic Liberty questions, given your 4 year history with them. They are more than happy to help divers trained and certified on their units.

The first basic question you asked (which cell is it?) I first thought it was something you should know from training. Maybe lost in translation, maybe didn't remember exactly which one it was. When you pulled the cover off and it was clearly engraved the number I got even more worried. Now you are telling us you have had this for 4 years and are certified? We (myself and others responding here) are finding it hard to believe you have to ask for help with this stuff. It sounds very much like you picked up a used rebreather and are using the internet to learn how to fix it. That is why we are asking if you are certified on the unit. Because it doesn't sound like you are. Maybe you had someone take care of it for you before, you just show up and use it? Maybe it was a hack instructor? The questions asked are causing great concern for other rebreather divers. You may think everything is fine, just get me an oxygen sensor. The rest of us are stepping back, thinking this guy really needs to get some proper training. What you are showing us sounds like you are not properly trained to use a rebreather. At least the basic maintenance side of things.

https://eshop.divesoft.com/ch/oxygen-sensor-divesoft-22d/3092# Divesoft does not sell them at the moment, not available. I guess they are not produced by Divesoft, they just have a Divesoft label. So where can I buy sensors that work in a Liberty Rebreather?

As far as I know they must have a membrane for dive use. The ones in an analyser need no membrane.

Thread and connector seem to be standard, so this should work - I hope. Thanks for your help.

First I was looking for a sensor dealer in europe. Obviously there is no one, at least I did not find one and this forum did not give any further information.

Divesoft website sais to me
Item number :#3092
Item weight :0.03 kg
Availability :not available

Of course I asked Divesoft, they confirmed: out of stock.

I asked 4 instructors, they all said they buy the sensors from Divesoft.

So perhaps I have to buy it outside Europe. PSR-11-39-MD Oxygen Sensor (R-22D) I found this one, no idea if this is the right sensor. I have to confirm
I have selected the correct sensor part number above based on the compatibility list for my model rebreather.
But I have no compatibility list....
I expect divegear to have this type of sensor but I can not find it. I wrote an email to divegear, let's wait for the answer.

Narked at 90 has Molex Rebreather Oxygen Sensor but
for exclusive use in our Apoc pod and the Deep Pursuit head
The other sensors are for analysers only, at least I do not find a sensor which might fit.

Still I'd prefer to buy the sensor in Europe but this seems to be impossible.

The oxygen cells are not a good item to save money or to make compromises. They are one of the main components which support your life. In my opinion there is only one type of cell to buy: original Divesoft cells. And if they are out of stock, I would wait for them.

With whom did you do your training?

Back
Top Bottom