New Kit Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see the value of the cinch for a singles wing unless you're regularly changing from cold to temperate to tropical diving. It's not that hard to make small adjustments on an Eclipse, and they're US$100 cheaper. You'll want the stainless steel backplate, and some weight pockets like the Halcyon ACB system so you can lose the weight belt

Just spent 170 bucks on a cinch kit. It better bloody cinch.
All my Suunto stuff works but the older compasses are really losing favour. Where does the bubble come from? Why does the dial have palpitations?
If you are planning for a doubles future, ditch the 295 and grab two identical seconds. Ditch it anyway. Plenty of better other stuff comes along.
250Vs look hot. Don't have any but I've got the originals and the originals before that and the originals before that. Look after them, lock them open when not in use and you don't have to buy any parts, just clean and change o rings. But this applies to me not you.
Only climbed the Scubapro mountain to Mk20s. Haven't put an upgrade through them, don't know if I will.
Got a lifetime supply of rubber straps for Jets so no springs for me.
New is second hand when you walk out the shop and a lot o second hand comes just like that.
Very good.

Not sure about the Halcyon, but you should be able to get the rest of this stuff online from Leisure Pro for less than retail. Just be aware that you'll have to pay import duties into Australia if the total value of your shipment is greater than $1000 AUD. Aussie customs will also look out for packages to the same address from the same shipper at the same time and combine the value, so your best bet is to spread your purchases out over a period of time.

How cold exactly is the water you'll be diving in? I'd recommend the ScubaPro MK17 rather than the MK25 if it is very cold. Environmentally sealed diaphragm reg.

Back
Top Bottom