Getting some new kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRK44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thanks for the advice on my thread about regs.
I've decided to go with the Apeks MTX-R.
Expensive but I don't want to go cheap on safety critical equipment.

Need to get myself a new mask, snorkel and fin set.

I've read this:

And I'm thinking either the Tusa split-blade Xpert or the Scubapro twin jet max.

I dived with somebody else's split blades 2 weeks ago and they were so comfortable I felt like a fish 🐟

Thinking about doing some diving on my own this season just to consolidate my learning and gain experience for my DM.
Can't wait for the season to start 🤿

Need to get myself a new mask, snorkel and fin set.
And I'm thinking either the Tusa split-blade Xpert or the Scubapro twin jet max.

Snorkel AND split fins????? Oh boy, this is going to get bloody. I am going to stand 10 meters away and watch.

Like your other post that was abruptly closed by moderators in under an hour, I think your post here is another attempt to troll the board and stir up argumentative responses.

Good luck.

-Z

Snorkel AND split fins????? Oh boy, this is going to get bloody. I am going to stand 10 meters away and watch.
They don't need to be part of the same set - I don't really care about colour coordination.

Like your other post that was abruptly closed by moderators in under an hour, I think your post here is another attempt to troll the board and stir up argumentative responses.

Good luck.

-Z
I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
May I send you a PM tomorrow and we can get to know each other and gloss over any misunderstandings? 👍

To answer somewhat seriously, I think there could be situations where you could say split fins are preferred for some people, but I'm not a personal fan of them. They aren't really great at frog kicks, which is what I do most of the time. One possible advantage I could see is they wouldn't get pushed around as much in current/drift, if you're a newer diver to that situation. My current fins of choice are the Deep6 Eddy fins and I'm a big fan of those.

From the article you linked, split fins are good for the following users:
  • Casual divers
  • Inexperienced divers without a good kicking technique
  • Divers with ankle or knee problems, or divers who get cramps quickly
For someone who fits one or more of those criteria, they may be a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom