Question First Post: Looking to upgrade entire kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding BCD if not the Transpac, do you think the XDeep or Halcyon would be good options so I can stick with them for a while? Or there's other brands I should consider
I have the Halcyon backplate + doubles wing, and the DGX Singles package. I think the DGX singles wing is excellent, but the webbing is quite stiff, so changed it out for some Halcyon webbing ($35). For my money, I'd probably buy the DGX wing (and maybe backplate)?, and then round it out with Halcyon webbing (and maybe backplate).

I would get a Sub Gravity Paragon single tank package. You get a choice of 3 stainless steel or 2 aluminum backplates, 4 wing lifts, and 2 harness types 3 weight pocket sizes, Their wings don't require a STA. I love their adjustable harness, it's clean, simple and no plastic parts. Paragon Single Tank Package - SubGravity
For a computer, I would get a Ratio iX3M 2 Pro.( it's just as good as any Shearwater) It has 3 dive modes (air, Nitrox and gauge) If you continue into technical diving you can upgrade the software for trimix and ccr without having to buy another new computer. Ratio iX3M 2 Dive Computer
No need to upgrade your Mares MR 22 Abyss, you won't find a much better regulator anywhere. My Abyss is 23 years old and has never failed me or free flowed even up here in the dark cold Great Lakes.

Hello, and welcome!
Perdix AI is great, it will serve you well for years to come.

As for regulators, MK25 is great, if you have it keep it, while if you still have to buy something, consider what have been said about the extra care you need for that kind of regulators. As for second stage, consider the scubapro G260: mixing brands normally no issues, but you may have problems servicing them.

As for BCD, glad you are considering backplate and wing setup.
As for backplate, any standard aluminium or steel backplate is totally fine as long as you make sure they are interchangeable with different wings: halcyon infinity, mares, apeks, OMS and others respect the standard measuring so they are fine. If you wanna go fancy and custom, take a look at the customed wing from halcyon.
As for XDEEP, Im not totally sure they have standard measuring so I can't tell. I would probably go for a less fancy BP as the above ones.
As for steel or aluminium, it all depends on kinds of diving you'll be doing (single or double, rec, TEC, etc) and the rest of your equipment (neoprene, trilam drysuit).
As for the wing, one with proper lifting based on your setup: single (around 30lbs should be fine if steel BP, less if you go for aluminium) or double (40lbs should be ok).

However, if you plan to do proper dive master tasks, you'll probably be using a lot a jacket BCD, so in that case you should re-consider the above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom