Getting some new kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not conducive to frog kicking, back finning, helicopter turns, flutter kick (from the bent knees, not that scissor kick thing). The split can trap line.

Basically not good for proper finning skills and very rarely seen on boats.
This is such baloney. Split fins are meant to use in flutter kick. Most divers paddle around shallow reef. You can back kick and heli turn with every type of fin, including forece fins and split fins.
I have tried several split fins and don't like tham but that doesn't mean they're crap. They're for people that need or want a low resistance fin. They work just fine.

Ahh, I'm still getting used to the world of online forums 👍
Got to have a dig at miserable old gits sometimes. It's the law.

Just a heads up and a friendly note. You are coming across as a troll and someone who frankly as a upcoming dive pro scares those of us with experience.

You might want to tune it down.

Just a heads up and a friendly note. You are coming across as a troll and someone who frankly as a upcoming dive pro scares those of us with experience.

You might want to tune it down.
Apologies if I'm not taking seriously those who desperately want to be taken very seriously. Those people deserve to be mocked for the enjoyment of everybody else.

I'm in diving for fun. This forum should be an extension of the pleasure we all experience from being part of the scuba community, not merely an opportunity to blow smoke rings up the arses of a dozen or so people who think they deserve it.

I do however apologise for the misunderstanding in my 'new student' thread. I could have worded it better (though of course I couldn't help some people's reactions or behaviour).

Apologies if I'm not taking seriously those who desperately want to be taken very seriously. Those people deserve to be mocked for the enjoyment of everybody else.

I'm in diving for fun. This forum should be an extension of the pleasure we all experience from being part of the scuba community, not merely an opportunity to blow smoke rings up the arses of a dozen or so people who think they deserve it..

I do however apologise for the misunderstanding in my 'new student' thread. I could have worded it better (though of course I couldn't help some people's reactions or behaviour).

Rather than call us all crusty old farts (which only applies to some of us), realize that many of us have been where you are and have some wisdom that we are happy to share. If you would approach these “conversations” with a bit of humility, you might learn a few things and avoid some pain and suffering along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom